Ask us about the Verizon Droid Incredible

ulnek

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
i've never had the use of htc sense, why do people hate it? is the one in the incredible better?

how's the screen keyboard? one thing i'm used to having is a physical keyboard because i text a lot and hate when wrong keys are recognized using screen keyboards.

this is incapable of recording high resolution videos like 720p?

any lag at all between switching applications and home screen? droid sometimes lags when using a high memory app and going back to home screen.

how is the battery life compared to droid? droid battery life has significantly improved since 2.1. after 12 hours i'm at 50%

thatdidnthurt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I have a few questions - First, how is the speakerphone? Is it clear? The Droid speakerphone is one of the best I have heard so I am curious how it compares. Also, how is the headset jack - can you lower the audio enough to take a phone call without blowing your eardrums out? I have Shure in-ear earphones and I have to take them out of my ears even with the volume all the way down to take a call.
How is the on-screen keyboard? The Droid has issues when pressing the space button. Is there a notification light letting you know there are new messages?

Frogybloop

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys. So I was just wondering..... Is the incredible's screen made of plastic like the original ipod nano or glass like a droid? Also can you post a video showing how to turn off sense and what it looks like without sense on? Does it feel lower quality than a droid?

+1 to turning off sense. I'm sure I might like it, but Ive gotten used to stock android on the Droid. In addition, if you do turn sense off, is it easy to keep it off? Will it come back on every time you restart the phone? And if so, how would this play into the placement of icons and widgets on your desktop (considering stock android might not have as many home screens). Thanks!

fr4nk1yn

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
I'll assume the camera is the same as the upcoming Evo4G.
It was mentioned in a video that it "had no moving parts" being "digital auto-focus". I've not found any info on that besides.

Can you elaborate on that? Does the lens indeed not move to focus?

Gogol

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
My question is simple:

Are you able to see and purchase protected apps from the Market?

Because all those new devices like HTC Legend and HTC Desire cannot do that until now (after more than 1 month release)!

Thanks.

s0nic69

Feb 1, 2010
Visit site
the bigest questions are

will it come with wireless n?
will it come with video output? i believe i was the first one to bring it up on androidforums that i saw a videou output accesory on their release package. seems to be video output through the 35.mm jack
Will it come with a micro sd card?
will it support 32gb micro sd?

swimrage

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
is the Snapdragon processor enough of a reason to upgrade from a Droid?
given the comparisons, is the AMOLED screen PenTile like the Nexus One?

Last edited:

rooth

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Turning off SenseUI

I would LOVE to see this in action.

Like the specs for the DroidInc. but not the biggest fan of SenseUI.

I'd want my interface to look just like the Droid or N1, anyone want to make a video/screenshot/explanation of this?

Thanks.

DawnGP143

Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
I have a Droid Eris now. I purchased a 1750 mAh battery for it because I wanted that extra security. Will that battery fit in the Incredible??????

andyandroid

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
No. You'll have to buy another after market battery if you buy this phone. The brightside is.... you'd have this and not your eris with 1.6 :)

dustinfrank

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
How does the Incredible compare to the current iphone, or even to the 4.0 OS update due for the iphone this summer? If VZW does get the ican't... i mean, iphone... do you think it could de-throne the Incredible?

andyandroid

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
How does the Incredible compare to the current iphone, or even to the 4.0 OS update due for the iphone this summer? If VZW does get the ican't... i mean, iphone... do you think it could de-throne the Incredible?

Personally I found the iPhone OS4 demo to be kind of dull. Their multi-tasking solution is pathetic and the OS is still boring. I love having widgets on my home screens. At the end of the day its a personal choice but personally I don't like the iPhone OS and I think that android is on the rise.

arnoldo83

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
For the corporate users, will the Exchange email app allow LDAP searches to the GAL or will it only pull contacts from your local address book? I hated the Droid for that, and hated even more to have to use that other motorola app to first look them up in the GAL and then save them to my local address book... just one too many steps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty