red clockwork question

tsargent347

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Ok..I rooted and got a blue clockwork..I did the odin and then had a red clockwork..I received a kernel from droidxcon that was suppose to let me keep the clockwork but instead if it being red its a yellow or green color (im colorblind) and I want to flash a rom and new kernel..any help would b appreciated I have ed04

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Ok..I rooted and got a blue clockwork..I did the odin and then had a red clockwork..I received a kernel from droidxcon that was suppose to let me keep the clockwork but instead if it being red its a yellow or green color (im colorblind) and I want to flash a rom and new kernel..any help would b appreciated I have ed04

If the kernel you got from DroidXcon was a kernel from imnuts, then the CWM will most likely be a yellowish color. That is the CWM that gets flashed to your phone with one of imnuts' kernels. You should have no problem flashing a new ROM or kernel from that CWM. Just click on the link in my signature below to get to DroidXcon's guide on using CWM if you are unfamiliar.

tsargent347

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I tried doing a nandroid backup n it keeps giving me errors...and what the diff between voodoo and nonvoodoo cause mine said nonvoodoo but when in cw I have a voodoo thing in there..what rom would u recommend for reliability speed and battery

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I tried doing a nandroid backup n it keeps giving me errors...and what the diff between voodoo and nonvoodoo cause mine said nonvoodoo but when in cw I have a voodoo thing in there..what rom would u recommend for reliability speed and battery

Doing nandroids seems to be a problem in just about any CWM with the Fascinate. Non-voodoo and voodoo are just two different types of file systems (rfs vs. ext4) CWM was originally designed for voodoo, but was adapted to work with both. So don't worry that CWM says voodoo, it works the same for non-voodoo. Best ROM right now for someone who is not completely adept at rooting and flashing is Comm ROM:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...-comm-rom-2-1-ukb-tsm-updated-06-20-11-a.html

Once you are completely comfortable flashing everything you can in both ODIN and CWM, you can check out CM7

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non