DJ05 GPS Fix for DI01 Users

swissguy591

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Any good file manager app recommendation. I would Root Explorer but my card won't let me cause it's British. I tried a bunch already but they either don't let me copy and paste files or they won't let me write in the systems app folder.

joebob2000

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Agreed. Do you have a CWM recovery point from before you did this change? I'd try flashing back to that and reinstalling it.

It's a few weeks old so I am not going to roll back unless I need to... I killed off all those "setup" processes and the battery usage is back to normal. I haven't rebooted to see if they all spawn again but for now things are fine. If there is one thing that *constantly* annoys me about android it's that of both the built in task monitors, neither shows me everything that's going on, and most of the time it's hiding **** that I don't want running.

jackmei2

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
just installed this fix, but the gps can't seem to lock anymore. might have made it worse, but I am inside the office right now... before the fix I generally could get a lock decently quick within a min maybe.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
just installed this fix, but the gps can't seem to lock anymore. might have made it worse, but I am inside the office right now... before the fix I generally could get a lock decently quick within a min maybe.

Still might have something to do with you being inside. I'd definitely wait until you get outside and hold off judgment until then. The fix definitely alleviated my GPS issues with DI01, as seems to be the case for most everyone else.

joebob2000

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Still might have something to do with you being inside. I'd definitely wait until you get outside and hold off judgment until then. The fix definitely alleviated my GPS issues with DI01, as seems to be the case for most everyone else.

In the few tests I ran, the GPS lock still didn't commence until I started GPS-test. I swear half of the problem is something stupid in Google's GPS API, I can sit there in Maps over a minute and not get a lock at all and if I open GPS Test it has it done in less than 10 seconds (in most cases). What the "fix" does seem to do is reduce the "hiccup" behavior I observe in GPS test where it will gather/dump all the satellites for a minute or two before finally locking in. In all my tests so far it has been very quick to obtain a lock, IF i have GPS test running. Mark my words, Google is doing something goofy on their end and that's what at least 50% of the complaints are coming from.

bwheelies

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I went back to a stock kernel from the geeknik superfast for dl01 and noticed a lot of lag when GPS was trying to lock. Went back to SF kernel and it is fast again.

Sta11i0n

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I've had better luck since installing this fix by changing the gps starting mode to hot start again. The first time I ran it, still on cold start, it was fast but after a day or 2 it was slowing down again. Still not as bad as before, but a few minutes to get a lock. Since switching back to hot start, I made a point to not use the gps for 24 hours. When I ran a TTFF test this morning I got a lock in 14 seconds. All of my tests have been done inside and it has been cloudy/rainy all week here.

neveroddoreven99

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
I downloaded this and for some reason I get this message when rebooting from CWM.

E:failed to verify whole-file signature
E:signature verification failed
installation aborted

I'm not all that experienced with these things, but I managed to root it without any problems some time ago. I don't believe I've installed any other ROM's or anything. Can anyone help me? My GPS blows.

joebob2000

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
You need to install cwm into flash via ODIN... There are links bfor how to do it on XDA. Sorry for not being more helpful,i am on my phone atm...
I downloaded this and for some reason I get this message when rebooting from CWM.

E:failed to verify whole-file signature
E:signature verification failed
installation aborted

I'm not all that experienced with these things, but I managed to root it without any problems some time ago. I don't believe I've installed any other ROM's or anything. Can anyone help me? My GPS blows.

superstar1213

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
sorry if I'm a bit new, but I just rooted and set up CWM. I'd like to try this, but how do I boot into CWM to install this? I'd love to get this fix.

Kevin Gossett

Retired Moderator
Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
You can boot into CWM using ROM Manager, or by powering off, holding down both volume buttons and powering on. This takes you into stock recovery, and select "apply update.zip" which will take you into CWM

zakth

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Earlier today I needed to use my phone's GPS and Google Maps to find my way to a birthday party. I was late because my phone's GPS would never get a lock so I had to try and read the directions from the screen and look for street signs instead of listening for prompts from the phones navigation voice. So I started searching for a way to fix this and happened across this post. I did everything this post said to do then ran the GPS Test app, instantly got 9 sats. Then I decided to try the navigation and it worked almost instantly using a weak 3G signal. Kudos for the ones that figured this out.

jackmei2

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
Super Manager is free and does the same thing as root explorer. Check it out here on Appbrain.

that's what I use too, but just be careful, cuz Super Manager has a built in task killer that was activated after I installed SM and it killed processes everytime my screen went off. you can disable it in the options.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rabruslik