How To Improve Battery Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

wgilles

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
One question...when I reboot into recovery I don't have anything that says "Advanced"
I have:
reboot system now
apply sdcard: update.zip
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache parition

Any ideas?

Jmac9

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
Is this normal? I charged to 100% yesterday. reset battery stats. drained (as fast as I could but still took most of the day). Charged to 100%. Didn't do overnight charge but I noticed after turning power on it read 95% and within 30 minutes down to 91%. So I turned it off and recharged to 100% overnight then turned it on this morning and was going to charge back to 100% (because it said 98%) but it has been holding at 99% for over an hour. My thought was to get it to 100% power down and hit 100%, power up hit 100% then reset again. Any ideas why it won't hit 100% now though?

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Is this normal? I charged to 100% yesterday. reset battery stats. drained (as fast as I could but still took most of the day). Charged to 100%. Didn't do overnight charge but I noticed after turning power on it read 95% and within 30 minutes down to 91%. So I turned it off and recharged to 100% overnight then turned it on this morning and was going to charge back to 100% (because it said 98%) but it has been holding at 99% for over an hour. My thought was to get it to 100% power down and hit 100%, power up hit 100% then reset again. Any ideas why it won't hit 100% now though?

when the battery gets to 100% it stops the charge. it will bounce from 95-100% until you remove it from the charger.

if you are still haveing trouble, do it again but this time recharge it over night with power off.

Reactions: Jmac9

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
One question...when I reboot into recovery I don't have anything that says "Advanced"
I have:
reboot system now
apply sdcard: update.zip
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache parition

Any ideas?

is that writing in blue? If so you need to hit the volume down button once so apply sdcard:update.zip is highlighted and hit the home soft key. That will take you into red cwm. on the first red cwm menu you will see advanced, should be the second to last option

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
your using wrong recovery. you need the new red cwm.

Hey Gunner,
Pretty much everybody who is new here is upgrading to Froyo using DroidXcon's ODIN packages, so they already have the new red cwm. They just need to be told how to get to red cwm because they didn't have to go into red cwm to flash the ROM. DXC made it an all in one that does evrything for them, all they have to do is flash the one package through ODIN and they get it all: Froyo, rom, kernel, red cwm, root, and super user. So they have everything they need, they just may not know how to use it yet. Just need to give a few instructions telling them how to get from standard recovery to cwm. Also a lot of first time rooters using DroidXcon's all-in-one method are wanting to use the same files and method to switch from one build of EB01 to another. I have been trying to walk as many people through flashing a new rom through cwm so they learn how to do that and get a little practice. Hope this helps when you are trying to answer questions.

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Hey Gunner,
Pretty much everybody who is new here is upgrading to Froyo using DroidXcon's ODIN packages, so they already have the new red cwm. They just need to be told how to get to red cwm because they didn't have to go into red cwm to flash the ROM. DXC made it an all in one that does evrything for them, all they have to do is flash the one package through ODIN and they get it all: Froyo, rom, kernel, red cwm, root, and super user. So they have everything they need, they just may not know how to use it yet. Just need to give a few instructions telling them how to get from standard recovery to cwm. Also a lot of first time rooters using DroidXcon's all-in-one method are wanting to use the same files and method to switch from one build of EB01 to another. I have been trying to walk as many people through flashing a new rom through cwm so they learn how to do that and get a little practice. Hope this helps when you are trying to answer questions.

good point. i forget that most people dont flash something on their phones 73 times a day. lol.

on the red cwm thing. it should REPLACE completely the blue cwm. when i boot into recovery i no longer have blue. i dont apply update.zip because im already where i need to be. i have flash all the packages dan puts out, just cause thats what i do, but that has been from a previously rooted state.

when YOU boot into recovery, do you get blue first every time?

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
good point. i forget that most people dont flash something on their phones 73 times a day. lol.

on the red cwm thing. it should REPLACE completely the blue cwm. when i boot into recovery i no longer have blue. i dont apply update.zip because im already where i need to be. i have flash all the packages dan puts out, just cause thats what i do, but that has been from a previously rooted state.

when YOU boot into recovery, do you get blue first every time?

Yes, I get the blue every time. Should I do something to change that? It doesn't bother me

tw105188

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I get blue. I had no idea it was supposed to go straight to red...i have apply the update zip every time. No biggy. .just thought that was the norm. Lol

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
did you flash cwm with odin or did it just come with the package?

i think thats the differance. i use the cwm that gets flashed by itself. it replaces blue.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I get blue. I had no idea it was supposed to go straight to red...i have apply the update zip every time. No biggy. .just thought that was the norm. Lol

did you flash cwm with odin or did it just come with the package?

i think thats the differance. i use the cwm that gets flashed by itself. it replaces blue.

I thought that was the norm too. I flashed my cwm through ODIN.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
ok, first, your sig is awsome!!! i will be stealing it after an approriate amount of time, :D.

did you flash it seperately from the rom, before or after?

flashed it separately back when we were all playing with DL30
Do you think it would be worth it to flash it again separately now through ODIN?

tw105188

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I've actually done both..din one quit working at one point..forget why but i flashed it This time. Who knows.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
it would be as a purely experinetal stand point. flash it and see if it replaces blue.

Why not? Got nothing better to do. Now I was confused reading your voodoo thread. Are we all using the same red cwm on voodoo and nonvoodoo or is there a separate red cwm for each?

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
very good point.

Gunner. Found an answer over at xda in jt's thread. We are all using the same new red cwm on both voodoo and nonvoodo. And as soon as I saw the links I remembered I flashed the new cwm through old green cwm not through ODIN. So that may solve my problem. Not sure though because everyone who is using DXC's all-in-one ODIN method are flashing the whole package in ODIN and they still have stock blue recovery. Maybe you were right that just flashing it by itself makes a difference. Only one way to find out. Time to expirement. :)

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
very good point.

Got your answer Gunner. Flashing the new red cwm by itself through ODIN replaces the old blue recovery. I went straight to red when I hit recovery through long press power button menu. I did delete update.zip from my sd card, and unfortunately also deleted the recovery-update.zip from clockwork too. Because after I successfully went to red through long press power menu I tried rebooting to recovery through Rom Manager and now my phone is stuck at the Samsung logo for over 5 minutes. Will put update-recovery back and see if I go straight to red from Rom Manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87