[Odin] Froyo leaked packaged custom ROMs w/root and clockwork **UPDATED**3/25

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I have a couple of concerns. First, the proceedure requires plugging your phone in by USB cable to my PC. I am one of the ones who can't mount by USB. So my concern is whether this is going to even work for me. I don't want to get in the middle of it and have it fail and mess up my phone big time and not being able to fix it myself because I am such a novice. And will Superclean even fix my USB mounting problem? That is the primary reason I want to flash. That and wanting to delete Verizon apps from my phone...the bloatware.

Step 1 is not critical to the update, just skip it, you can do that later if you need clockwork

Secondly I am confused by the difference between Superclean 2.5 and 2.6? I don't understand what the tethering option means in 2.6. I do want to tether my phone to my laptop on occasion using Easy Tether. Would I still be able to do this if I go to Superclean 2.6?

Just trying to figure out which version to download.
What are the differences between SC 2.5 and 2.6?

Is one supposedly faster than the other?
Does one offer more features?
Is one more stable?
What does 2.6 offer with nonvoodoo?

Again, thanks for the help!!

change log for every version can be found in the link below, if i start typing out differences it will eat up my day
http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...s-hacks/53810-rom-superclean-2-6-updated.html

But i suggest just using 2.6

also tethering is using your phone as a hotspot,,,the stock kernel has the ability of tracking it,,,supposedly the dummy module breaks that ability

cory.braud

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
yo ppls! loving the ROM, thanks DroidXcon for the help & info

A few concerns though....

1. Random power-offs

2. Data still drops randomly when using stock brower and Google's Wifi tethering (signal is definately present)

Other than those 2 things im very pleased! Can you guys offer me any insight on these issues? Thnks in advance

cory.braud

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site

1. Random power-offs

2. Data still drops randomly when using stock brower and Google's Wifi tethering (signal is definately present)

Other than those 2 things im very pleased! Can you guys offer me any insight on these issues? Thnks in advance

by the way im using the 2.4 version... i didnt notice 2.6 was added over the weekend :D

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site

1. Random power-offs

i never have these random shut downs so i dont know what that is about,,,,, hey i heard that someone was running DL09 modem and they had good results , do you want to try that ?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
hi, can i just flash the voodoo kernel on my stock eb01 leak?

no i dont support voodoo and the neither does the clockwork i supplied , i dont want to be part of any physical damage people may do to their phones....

you can use the clockwork from this thread if you want voodoo

http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...clockworkmod-recovery-updated-02-20-11-a.html

also read up on how to install and remove from here
http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...s/55753-how-voodoo-updated-12-feb-2011-a.html

Reactions: megalosdog#AC

rion_j

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
DroidXcon, thank you for the awesome instructions! I'm new to the fascinate, so upgrading to 2.2, root, and clockwork all in one was amazing! I've never seen anything close to this on the Droid X. It was so easy and everything is running very well! Thanks again!!

Reactions: DroidXcon

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
DroidXcon, thank you for the awesome instructions! I'm new to the fascinate, so upgrading to 2.2, root, and clockwork all in one was amazing! I've never seen anything close to this on the Droid X. It was so easy and everything is running very well! Thanks again!!

You are very welcome , i was glad i was able to help :)

All4TheFam

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
After charging to 100% before going to bed last night, took phone off of charger around 1 am got up this morning made a bunch of calls, played on the market and played with some settings, my battery is still at 70% almost 12 hours later. Working great. Thank you all so much again.
was going to try to put link to version used, but wont work so.. its the total stock build [Release] EB01 (Froyo) Unmodified/Stock Engineering Test Package

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
what kind of physical damage is possible with voodoo?

voodoo physically changes the arrangement of the memory in our phones, and it was not designed to work that way so its possible to damage the internal memory , but it doesnt happen often , but still i dont want to be a part of it. not enough speed gain for me to risk putting people in that position and i try to be as noob friendly as possible

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
After charging to 100% before going to bed last night, took phone off of charger around 1 am got up this morning made a bunch of calls, played on the market and played with some settings, my battery is still at 70% almost 12 hours later. Working great. Thank you all so much again.
was going to try to put link to version used, but wont work so.. its the total stock build [Release] EB01 (Froyo) Unmodified/Stock Engineering Test Package

yeah thats a fully stock version of EB01 ...it can be found in the sticky Verizon Fascinate Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks

imartez

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Just installed Superclean 2.6. Works great!! The phone is definitely a lot faster. I do have a question regarding the 3G Mobile Hotspot. Am I able to use that without having to pay Verizon the $20 per month fee?

megalosdog#AC

Banned
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
i used voodoo when i was running 2.1, if something were to go bad would it be instant or would it take awhile? also what would be a good alternative kernel for speed? thanks.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Just installed Superclean 2.6. Works great!! The phone is definitely a lot faster. I do have a question regarding the 3G Mobile Hotspot. Am I able to use that without having to pay Verizon the $20 per month fee?

well the dummy kernel is supposedly suppose to stop that according to the devs but i dont know , we will have to wait for the next billing cycle to start hearing results from people

Reactions: imartez

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
i used voodoo when i was running 2.1, if something were to go bad would it be instant or would it take awhile? also what would be a good alternative kernel for speed? thanks.

no not instant usually after flashing out of the voodoo kernel..........there is none yet, all the kernels for 2.2 are pretty much all stock, just altered, even the voodoo kernel does not provide all that big a difference, i tried it and didnt see a difference...if you are going to try it , i would wait till the devs get the source code which will be around the same time the official 2.2 is released , whenever that is

Reactions: megalosdog#AC

megalosdog#AC

Banned
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
thanks dxc. i guess i can live with it for now..are these other roms very much faster than stock? also there is an app in the market called "galaxy tuner" it has some tweeks some people may like.