Battery Life EB01

Chris3D

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
What's everyone's "Time without a signal" for Cell Standby? Mine is at 50% and I'm assuming that's pretty high...

That's actually pretty normal, all the phones seem to display an inordinately large amount of time without signal. Don't know if it's a bug or what, because you can reset it and watch your signal bars for a length of time, and even if they showed a signal the entire time, you'd still have a large time without signal displayed in settings.

Best thing is to just ignore it, since it doesn't seem to correspond to anything that you can do anything about.

jackmei2

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
That's actually pretty normal, all the phones seem to display an inordinately large amount of time without signal. Don't know if it's a bug or what, because you can reset it and watch your signal bars for a length of time, and even if they showed a signal the entire time, you'd still have a large time without signal displayed in settings.

Best thing is to just ignore it, since it doesn't seem to correspond to anything that you can do anything about.

I've got a 50% time without signal also... I'm not in areas where I'm not getting signal. this only concerned me since I believe earlier in this thread Cory was saying he got 0% time without signal.

jrs1035

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
I've got a 50% time without signal also... I'm not in areas where I'm not getting signal. this only concerned me since I believe earlier in this thread Cory was saying he got 0% time without signal.

Yea I'm in an area where I should never be without a signal. I just updated my roaming using *228...hopefully this lowers it.

Jmac9

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
the problem is that old update.zip files are on the cards or folders and people forget they are there and then when they download the new one , the new ones are automatically renamed since you cant have 2 files by the same name and then you end up moving the wrong update.zip

Ok, so I removed the update.zip from both the computer and my phone and still no luck (can't get past the blue CWM). I came from the One-colick FascinateRoot_02 if that has anything to do with it???

Should I just go back to stock and start over?

Last edited:

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so I removed the update.zip from both the computer and my phone and still no luck (can't get past the blue CWM). I came from the One-colick FascinateRoot_02 if that has anything to do with it???

Should I just go back to stock and start over?

Take "update.zip" and make sure it is sitting at the very top level of the SD card. My directory header says "mnt/sdcard/" That fixed the issue I was having, which sounds the same as yours.

Reactions: Jmac9

mjsavage

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I updated to the EB01 first time rooting and my battery is horrible now. After fully charged overnight it is at 40% when wake up. I am trying to clear the battery stats to try and help. I get to the confirm wipe then nothing happens it just goes back to the Advanced Debugging Menu. Down below it does say
E:Missing bitmap progress_empty (code-1)
E:Missing bitmap progress_fill (Code-1)
CwM Vooodoo Lagfix Recovery v2.5.1.x

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Chris3D

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
I updated to the EB01 first time rooting and my battery is horrible now. After fully charged overnight it is at 40% when wake up. I am trying to clear the battery stats to try and help. I get to the confirm wipe then nothing happens it just goes back to the Advanced Debugging Menu. Down below it does say
E:Missing bitmap progress_empty (code-1)
E:Missing bitmap progress_fill (Code-1)
CwM Vooodoo Lagfix Recovery v2.5.1.x

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Don't worry about the missing bitmap messages in Clockwork, they don't effect anything and they'll be fixed soon enough.

Now about the battery life, first thing you need to do is sync the battery stats. Charge the phone completely. When the phone says the battery is 100%, shut the phone off and leave it on the charger until the screen displays a battery with 100% on it (this will happen even with the phone turned off). Now, and only now, is the battery truly at 100%. Boot to Clockwork recovery, go to advanced and wipe battery stats. Reboot the phone and use it normally until the battery gets down to 5 to 10% (or 0% if you care to monitor it that closely). This lets the system learn the true full and empty points. After that, battery life should be what you were used to before.

mjsavage

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Don't worry about the missing bitmap messages in Clockwork, they don't effect anything and they'll be fixed soon enough.

Now about the battery life, first thing you need to do is sync the battery stats. Charge the phone completely. When the phone says the battery is 100%, shut the phone off and leave it on the charger until the screen displays a battery with 100% on it (this will happen even with the phone turned off). Now, and only now, is the battery truly at 100%. Boot to Clockwork recovery, go to advanced and wipe battery stats. Reboot the phone and use it normally until the battery gets down to 5 to 10% (or 0% if you care to monitor it that closely). This lets the system learn the true full and empty points. After that, battery life should be what you were used to before.

Ok thanks I am working on charging to 100% now. How do you get to boot to Clockwork recovery without going into like Rom manager and reboot with recovery?

fstbusa

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
Ok thanks I am working on charging to 100% now. How do you get to boot to Clockwork recovery without going into like Rom manager and reboot with recovery?

hold the volume up and down keys at the same time while powering up.

Continue to hold them until you get into cwm.

mjsavage

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site

I charged to 100% then powered off then charged to 100% then went into Clockwork recovery.
Choose apply sdcard.update.zip
Advanced
Wipe Battery Stats
Confirm wipe? there is a bunch of No then 1 Yes
Then it just goes back to Advanced Debugging

I dont think it is letting be wipe the battery stats

Chris3D

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
I charged to 100% then powered off then charged to 100% then went into Clockwork recovery.
Choose apply sdcard.update.zip
Advanced
Wipe Battery Stats
Confirm wipe? there is a bunch of No then 1 Yes
Then it just goes back to Advanced Debugging

I dont think it is letting be wipe the battery stats

It wiped them, it just happens very quickly and it doesn't give any confirmation.

Just reboot your phone and use normally until you're down to 5 to 10%, but don't put it on the charger or connect it to your computer during this time. Let the battery drain uninterrupted.

Jmac9

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
Take "update.zip" and make sure it is sitting at the very top level of the SD card. My directory header says "mnt/sdcard/" That fixed the issue I was having, which sounds the same as yours.

So frustrated with this. I tried (i think) to put into the top level. My "original" update was in a folder marked download on my sd card. So thats where I sent the new one. Still no red CWM.

Getting ready to just wipe the sd card and start all over. Does anyone know what I may be missing (besides a clue)?

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
So frustrated with this. I tried (i think) to put into the top level. My "original" update was in a folder marked download on my sd card. So thats where I sent the new one. Still no red CWM.

Getting ready to just wipe the sd card and start all over. Does anyone know what I may be missing (besides a clue)?

that is still putting update.zip in a sub folder. when you plug your phone into your computer with the usb cable, do you get an auto play window that pops up?

EDIT - I mean when you plug your phone in with debugging on and then mount the sd card

makav3ll1

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
So I'm running EB01 with SC 2.1. Prior to this I had DL30 and didn't notice any of the battery problems other members experienced. I just charged my battery to 100% this morning and 5 hours later I'm down to 67%. Is anyone else experiencing awful battery life with EB01?

I tried wiping my battery stats, closing all widgets on other launchers (I use LPP). And I can't find the battery life how-to thread, can someone link me?

5 Hours 67%? Im down to 40% within 2 hours.