Root My Samsung Fascinate 32 or 64 bit??

champ4221

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
I am new to the smart Phone world, I did alot of reading on the net.
I am convince that i will get alot more out of my Fascinate if it's rooted.
The main thing is what want to do, is tether to my laptop for internet with a OEM USB cable or WIFI either way does not make a difference ,
I read the step by step instructions, quite detailed and I feel quite confident I can do a Root to my Fascinate, only question I have, is what drivers do I use 32 Bit or a 64 Bit? (sorry if this is a stupid question)
Also I am paying $30.00 for the data package, do i need to pay for more
data once the Fascinate is able to tether to my laptop,

Thanks and have a great day
Pat

fsuagentsmith

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
The 32bit or 64bit driver refer to the OS on your computer. If your computer is 32 bit you need the 32 bit drivers. Most Windows XP systems are 32 bit. Vista systems are about 50-50. Windows 7 systems are about 60-40 in favor of 64 bit OSes. The place to find out is to right click on My Computer and go to properties. The file system you are running should be listed. Another clue will be if your RAM is greater than 4 GB. If it is, you have 64 bit. If it is not, more than likely you have 32 bit.

cl36

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I am new to the smart Phone world, I did alot of reading on the net.
I am convince that i will get alot more out of my Fascinate if it's rooted.
The main thing is what want to do, is tether to my laptop for internet with a OEM USB cable or WIFI either way does not make a difference ,
I read the step by step instructions, quite detailed and I feel quite confident I can do a Root to my Fascinate, only question I have, is what drivers do I use 32 Bit or a 64 Bit? (sorry if this is a stupid question)
Also I am paying $30.00 for the data package, do i need to pay for more
data once the Fascinate is able to tether to my laptop,

Thanks and have a great day
Pat

use the driver that matches your computer system type. is it 32 or 64 bit operating system? you can check by going to control panel>system and maintenance>system

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
the data package you are paying for is the one that is required for our phone. no need (or even an option) for a more expensive plan.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa