still get OTA updates from verizon on EB01?

nuker2guy

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
My dad has a fascinate, but it is for work, so I have to make sure everything works fine. The password lock screen would come up everytime, even though he had it set to pattern unlock, so I was like, I'll just give you EB01, and he was like okay, but it has to work fine. So I did, I gave hime the stock bloated rom and the modem, but I can't always be there to update his phone, so I was wondering if it will still get OTA updates from verizon. I think it should since it has all the files. But will the update push him back to eclair? Or like freeze up his phone or something? Thanks for the help

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
My dad has a fascinate, but it is for work, so I have to make sure everything works fine. The password lock screen would come up everytime, even though he had it set to pattern unlock, so I was like, I'll just give you EB01, and he was like okay, but it has to work fine. So I did, I gave hime the stock bloated rom and the modem, but I can't always be there to update his phone, so I was wondering if it will still get OTA updates from verizon. I think it should since it has all the files. But will the update push him back to eclair? Or like freeze up his phone or something? Thanks for the help

chances are it wont even show up for him because if EB01 was the official build they will see it like he already has it and wont push it

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

Your dad's phone will not get any OTA updates until one of those OTA updates is for something past Froyo. The updating system will see his phone is already on Froyo, and he will likely not even be notified of a possible update. If he wants to get the official OTA Froyo update, you will need to flash his phone back to DL09 (Eclair) when you hear about an official release date.

nuker2guy

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
Thanks. Also, he uses the stock Email app, and it said it needed some special security thing, so he activated it, but now it says a remote administrator controls his security. So now instead of a pattern unlock screen it has a glass unlock, and when I go to change screen lock, it only gives options of PIN or password, and says none and pattern are disabled by remote admin. Any help?
Oh and the activate security option looked like an install apk screen.

Sheepdog Elite

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Ya, that's the nature of corporate email capabilities. If you haven't tampered with the stock email it should retain it's corporate email protocols.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana