[How To] First time ╰╮╰╮ROOTING╰╮╰╮ walk-through 4/28/11

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
ok my phone wont turn on...its on the Android System Recovery screen and wont let me select anything. what do i do to be able to use my phone again?

Close Odin. Open Odin. Pull your phone battery out and leave it out. Plug the phone into a different port In the back of the computer. Put it in download mode and try again

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

HogFanatic03

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Close Odin. Open Odin. Pull your phone battery out and leave it out. Plug the phone into a different port In the back of the computer. Put it in download mode and try again

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

i tried that but it only says "all threads completed 0 succeeded and 0 failed" in odin is that what its supposed to say?

HogFanatic03

May 9, 2011
Visit site
ok im sorry that i am posting a lot i am just a very detailed type of person...
i am looking at the steps in this forum. to just do root what is my first step or what post do i read. im sorry i just dont want to screw my phone up i want to do it right lol thanks for your patience and help

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
ok im sorry that i am posting a lot i am just a very detailed type of person...
i am looking at the steps in this forum. to just do root what is my first step or what post do i read. im sorry i just dont want to screw my phone up i want to do it right lol thanks for your patience and help

its suppose to read (succeeded 1/failed 0)

either its a bad download or you have a poor USB connection.
try redownloading the file you are trying to flash
did you install drivers?
did you use ports in the back of the computer?

----
just looking to root , try post #4 of this thread

http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...-please-read-post-1-before-posting-forum.html

HogFanatic03

May 9, 2011
Visit site
its suppose to read (succeeded 1/failed 0)

either its a bad download or you have a poor USB connection.
try redownloading the file you are trying to flash
did you install drivers?
did you use ports in the back of the computer?

----
just looking to root , try post #4 of this thread

http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...-please-read-post-1-before-posting-forum.html

the file has a piece of paper next to it as if the comp doesnt have a program to read it..is it supposed to look like that?

Rey999

May 10, 2011
Visit site
having lots of trouble trying to root verizon samsung fascinate :(

it seems to fail everytime i start the rooting process. i have no idea why. ive been doing everything step my step like it says on here. i need help please

cfox10

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, the Fascinate community has some pretty great tutorials on how to get things rolling. Took me 15 min. to get up and running with root after finding a good tutorial.

big_limits

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Need details. Looking to root only? Looking to install a custom rom? What are your plans after root.
For instance... if you plan on a going to a rom like kangbang etc. There are some options that are super easy because they include root in them.