Backup Assistant

taglish123

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Hello!

I've updated my phone to sc 2.9.2/ec10 and noticed that backup assistant is gone from settings=>accounts and sync. Is there anyway to get this back?

Thanks!

JOrtenzi

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
It's still there but at the very bottom of the main settings window. It's now called the Setup Wizard.

when i go to put my google user and password in to use the backup assistant, my phone tells me that that account already exists on my phone (no kidding) but thats it... it doesn't let me use back-up assistant...

anyone know what to do???

taglish123

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
when i go to put my google user and password in to use the backup assistant, my phone tells me that that account already exists on my phone (no kidding) but thats it... it doesn't let me use back-up assistant...

anyone know what to do???

That is what mine is doing. I went through setup wizard and I only have google contacts sync, but not backup assistant...

eibbed0001

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, now that I try it on my phone I get the same thing. I kind of remember there being a patch for adding it back but I'm not sure where it is (if it exists at all).

Edited to add that you can use the Verizon website to run Backup Assistant. And there *is* a patch somewhere but I haven't found it yet...

Edit again: I used the website to run the backup and my phone opened the Backup Assistant window. I don't know where it's hiding but it's there somewhere.

Last edited:

gathome

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Same issue, please help! I bought a rooted Dinc from a college student. He said he restored it to the stock OS as he found it worked better for him (?). All Verizon apps are gone (and I am NOT unhappy about that!) but I would like to have backup assistant. Going through setup wizard brings me to the sync screen but when I tap Backup Assistant, nothing happens. I've tried syncing through Verizon website and it just keeps telling me they're working on my request. Immediately after requesting "Sync to Phone," I get a text from "6500" saying. //F1TYPE=SAS'UI=1:CONT=,,; I have NO idea what this means! Help, please and thank you!

BigSwoe

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Hello!

I've updated my phone to sc 2.9.2/ec10 and noticed that backup assistant is gone from settings=>accounts and sync. Is there anyway to get this back?

Thanks!

As I recall, SC 2.9.2 was based on a US Cellular build and not VZW. To that end Backup Assistant is not part of the build. You "may" be able to pull it out of another build and apply it manually but that is going to be hit or miss and may not even be possible.

If it is that important to you a ROM other than SC is probably the best way to go.

taglish123

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
As I recall, SC 2.9.2 was based on a US Cellular build and not VZW. To that end Backup Assistant is not part of the build. You "may" be able to pull it out of another build and apply it manually but that is going to be hit or miss and may not even be possible.

If it is that important to you a ROM other than SC is probably the best way to go.

Yeah I gave up on Backup Assistant when I was on SC, just used my Google account. I still don't use BA now that I'm on Comm Rom. But thanks, BigSwoe!

eibbed0001

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Same issue, please help! I bought a rooted Dinc from a college student. He said he restored it to the stock OS as he found it worked better for him (?). All Verizon apps are gone (and I am NOT unhappy about that!) but I would like to have backup assistant. Going through setup wizard brings me to the sync screen but when I tap Backup Assistant, nothing happens. I've tried syncing through Verizon website and it just keeps telling me they're working on my request. Immediately after requesting "Sync to Phone," I get a text from "6500" saying. //F1TYPE=SAS'UI=1:CONT=,,; I have NO idea what this means! Help, please and thank you!
I upgraded to the Community Rom v1.3 and the Backup Assistant works fine now. You might give that a shot.