[ODIN][Released by p3droid] Leaked Gingerbread EC09 Full Stock package

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
So what you are saying its that none of the notifications work? text, email,? Does the phone ring?

I did a bit more playing around and have found that I needed to go into my the sound settings directly in the email program to set them and then they work. In the past I have gone into the sound option from Settings and did it there.

I can confirm that all my notifications (email, text, phone rings, etc) work well.

Reactions: putney1477

mknollman123

Frugal Nerd Tinkerer
Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
OK started last nitebgetting random restarts with LONG boot times - had to do a battery pull this morning forbthe restart to complete - found afterward that my sd card had been wiped

Anyone else having issues? I like working Netflix and GB but I need a working phone first

curley

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
OK started last nitebgetting random restarts with LONG boot times - had to do a battery pull this morning forbthe restart to complete - found afterward that my sd card had been wiped

Anyone else having issues? I like working Netflix and GB but I need a working phone first

Read somewhere this was a bad flash from 3.x CWM. This GB should be flashed with 05/30 CWM. People have had a problem with that.

This is from XDA JPTECH7, I take no credit for this.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1134883

"Corrupted SD Cards

Here is my viewpoint on the corrupted SD deal. Are the corrupted? Probably not. Mine just "corrupted" itself and is supposedly blank. However, in Clockwork Mod, it sees all my files. Odd? What is even more weird is that a simple reboot seemed to fix my problem. Maybe I'm lucky, maybe its still messed up, but try this first before you panic."

Last edited:

standupdad

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Can anyone confirm, if the USB out is set up for HDMI to TV like the Vibrant?

The Fascinate does not support the TV out feature (nor does the Epic 4g according to Samsung). That is supposedly only with GSM style Galaxy S Class phones. This isn't my understanding or what comes from what I've read. I contacted Samsung directly on the topic because I saw various Micro USB to HDMI.

I'm sure that someone who has a Fascinate or Epic 4g will contradict this reply, but if you do, please provide your technical details and what modifications you made to make it work, as I have no options under my System setting to manage the TV out like Captivate owners can.

SuD

Reactions: curley

standupdad

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site

GingerBreak apk ROOT your Gingerbread device! | DroidModderX

That link is where I learned that some people are getting SD card wipes. One person says that it's GB, others say it's the Rooting process. /Shrug. I've avoided both for the sake of something more mature coming out. But the temptation is really tough to ignore.

curley

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
The Fascinate does not support the TV out feature (nor does the Epic 4g according to Samsung). That is supposedly only with GSM style Galaxy S Class phones. This isn't my understanding or what comes from what I've read. I contacted Samsung directly on the topic because I saw various Micro USB to HDMI.

I'm sure that someone who has a Fascinate or Epic 4g will contradict this reply, but if you do, please provide your technical details and what modifications you made to make it work, as I have no options under my System setting to manage the TV out like Captivate owners can.

SuD

Just hoping GB would have this. That stinks, cause they are the same dang phones. Oh well.

standupdad

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Just hoping GB would have this. That stinks, cause they are the same dang phones. Oh well.

Don't know about that specifically, as I've yet to install the rom. I am backing up my SD card in case it gets wiped in the process like it did to someone else. So if I go into my phone's settings and find that there is now an option for it, then Samsung is correct... to a point. Becaues they asked me if I was running Froyo when they stated that the Fascinate doesn't support TV/HDMI out. There is an intimation that something higher might.

We'll see... almost done backing it up. TiBu already backed up. Next step... Odin. Stay tuned.

STLRampage1

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
GingerBreak apk ROOT your Gingerbread device! | DroidModderX

That link is where I learned that some people are getting SD card wipes. One person says that it's GB, others say it's the Rooting process. /Shrug. I've avoided both for the sake of something more mature coming out. But the temptation is really tough to ignore.

I used Gingerbreak. I had one instance this morning where the phone froze up so I pulled the battery and had a very long bootup. (All my SD info is still intact though.)

sfobrien

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Mine has been running good on 4.1 until today. Have changed nothing and phone seems to be getting sluggish. May go back to ComRom .

standupdad

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site

GB on the phone now. I looked in Settings where I would find it for a Captivate, and NADDA. No TV out settings. Will play around with it more while at lunch and report back.

SuD

PS Nothing was deleted from my SD card. All is still there. I will restore and come back with a result.

decaydance99

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
i dont know if it was the GB leak but i flashed it and today i had a corrupt sd card. it was the original 16gb sd card from samsung. i contacted them and they are shipping me a new one. so i am using my old 4gb card for now. Hope this is a one time occurance.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
what is the battery usage app. Where do i get it, in the market?

He's not referring to it correctly. What he means is go menu=>settings=>about phone=>battery usage, and click on the gray box at the top of the screen. You will go to another page with more detailed info about what exactly is using up your battery.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
i dont know if it was the GB leak but i flashed it and today i had a corrupt sd card. it was the original 16gb sd card from samsung. i contacted them and they are shipping me a new one. so i am using my old 4gb card for now. Hope this is a one time occurance.

It's apparently the GB leak or the custom ROMs built from the leak. For pretty much everyone else, even though you get a message saying the sd card is corrupted all it really did was wipe the sd card clean. Everyone else who got this issue was able to put the sd card in a card reader, put the card reader in their computer and access all the files on it. So it just seems to be the GB ROM having trouble reading the files on the SD card.