Overwhelmed

Yankeefan973

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
I've been deciding on whether or not I want to root my phone and I think I should. I just need a little push in the right direction on what to do. I don't want anything too complicated since I just want to get rid of all the verizon and bing apps, have a better battery, have a better gps, and an all around better phone. I don't know if I should just go with gingerbread or what. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

JOrtenzi

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I've been deciding on whether or not I want to root my phone and I think I should. I just need a little push in the right direction on what to do. I don't want anything too complicated since I just want to get rid of all the verizon and bing apps, have a better battery, have a better gps, and an all around better phone. I don't know if I should just go with gingerbread or what. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

I was overwhelmed at first too... but don't worry, this stuff is easy to understand once you read up about it. Rooting isn't for everyone... I suggest reading the stickies (especially the "How To Root" thread) if you feel it is something you are comfortable doing, go for it!

Sent from my Fascinate via Tapatalk

putney1477

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I think I read wverything for 2 months and then read it all again before I rooted. I was so afraid I was going to brick my phone and end up with a $500 paperweight lol. But the stickies walk you through it step by step and everyone on the forums is so nice and willing to help out fellow fascinate users.

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I too was overwhelmed but this is one of the best user communities I have come across and you will never be without help if you need it.

With that being said, I have had my Fascinate since January and I love it. I too me two weeks until I decided to root it and then I learned more about the custom ROMS and kernels and such. I have tried many including the GB leak. I like the GB leak but it did not provide that much more than FroYo. The one big issue that is happening is that it winds up corrupting the SD card to the point it is rendered useless and no one has been able to get it back yet. So for that reason alone I went back to stock and I haven't even bothered to root yet and I am not going to at this point.

Reason being is that right now I am at about 18hr with 30% left and have most of my apps installed. Point being is that my phone is very stable being stock and there is no reason for me to be on anything else right now. Of course I will try another leak when it comes out. :)

One more thing.... I use Go Launcher Ex and it allows me to hide all the bloatware so I don't even see it. It has a lot of other benefits too but this is one I wanted to mention.

Hope this helps you out.

vi3tboiii54

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Used to be in your shoes back in january I was really skeptical of taking the rooting plunge so I read up on it as much as I can and finally did it. Of course you will run into bad flashes, trial and error, etc but isnt that all part of learning? Follow the stickies here and youll be fine.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch