fascinate wont vibrate in silent mode

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
soooooo ive had my fascinate for a while now. all summer ive left my phone volume up all the time, but now that schools in session, i keep it on silent/vibrate. so i just noticed then it doesnt actually vibrate in silent mode. i use an audio manager, so i tried uninstalling that and reinstalling but that didnt work. so basically ill get texts all the time and never know.

anyone know any possible things that could be causing this?

anon268366

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
It's a stupid setting now. Under sound settings there is a vibration setting. There you can choose when your phone vibrates. From what you said it sounds like you want the one that says vibrate only in silent mode. That will give you a vibrate only setting when you turn the volume all the way down, but gets rid of the completely silent mode. It sucks I know.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
It's a stupid setting now. Under sound settings there is a vibration setting. There you can choose when your phone vibrates. From what you said it sounds like you want the one that says vibrate only in silent mode. That will give you a vibrate only setting when you turn the volume all the way down, but gets rid of the completely silent mode. It sucks I know.

is this for the audio manager or the phone settings? i did see the updated audio manager setting and it is checked to vibrate in silent, but it doesnt >.<

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
soooooo ive had my fascinate for a while now. all summer ive left my phone volume up all the time, but now that schools in session, i keep it on silent/vibrate. so i just noticed then it doesnt actually vibrate in silent mode. i use an audio manager, so i tried uninstalling that and reinstalling but that didnt work. so basically ill get texts all the time and never know.

anyone know any possible things that could be causing this?

you can also download a widget that will switch it between, volume, vibrate, silent.

jjcasillas15

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Just got the same problem... My phone wont vibrate for anything!! Going to try taking it back to stock and see if it helps at all, if not guess I'm going to VZW tommorow.

rednocturne307

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
You actually have to go into the messaging app, tap the menu key, and go to settings. All the way at the bottom there will be a vibrate option. It's separate from the volume settings in the phone's main settings menu.

Hope this helps.

jjcasillas15

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
You actually have to go into the messaging app, tap the menu key, and go to settings. All the way at the bottom there will be a vibrate option. It's separate from the volume settings in the phone's main settings menu.

Hope this helps.

Thats one of the first things I checked when the vibrations stopped working... Have checked all the settings. Everything is on, but phone won't vibrate for anything.