Release Date

TreyDaPrince

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
So where are we at with this? AT&T announced there's and so has T-Mobile. What is Verizon waiting for? Hopefully not the X. Put both phones out and let the customer decide. Don't just put one out and advertise it. Maximize your abilities! Give the consumer the option right then and there.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
That wont happen. This phone will drop shortly after. With no fanfare. I hope it drops soon very soon. I would get this over the x after rooting even though I hate Bing

TreyDaPrince

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
Me too. But I've made my mind up and I'm going to be moving to this. Now all we need to do is convince Brett and we have a community!

gspeed

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
+1 Lets get it out!

Cheers!!

Just made my decision today. I believe in the Samsung hype and am willing to give it a go. Assume HDMI is useless on the X. Big screen is nice but I'd rather have super amoled.

Plus I like having the other Android super phone that people have no clue of.

I want people to try and guess what kind of device I'm using.

TreyDaPrince

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
Cheers!!

Just made my decision today. I believe in the Samsung hype and am willing to give it a go. Assume HDMI is useless on the X. Big screen is nice but I'd rather have super amoled.

Plus I like having the other Android super phone that people have no clue of.

I want people to try and guess what kind of device I'm using.

I too like the idea of having a super phone that not a lot of people have. I hate when I go out and I see a lot of puerile with my phone.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Well a phone without alot of people means a smaller dev community but I've made up my mind its this phone or nothing screw Bing its not a deal breaker for me. Encrypted bootloader is though

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Me too. But I've made my mind up and I'm going to be moving to this. Now all we need to do is convince Brett and we have a community!

Haha cory told me I was requested in here. I'm going to need a lot of convincing because my early upgrade isn't until November and there is no way I'm buying it at full price. $500-600. Plus I'm still waiting for motorola's 2 ghz beast at the end of the year. If anybody knows of way to get a new phone at an upgrade price without upgrading I'm all ears haha.

TreyDaPrince

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
Haha cory told me I was requested in here. I'm going to need a lot of convincing because my early upgrade isn't until November and there is no way I'm buying it at full price. $500-600. Plus I'm still waiting for motorola's 2 ghz beast at the end of the year. If anybody knows of way to get a new phone at an upgrade price without upgrading I'm all ears haha.

Oh that's an easy one, open a new line!

Haha

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Haha and what about my old line? I never got how people can keep up to date on new devices when they are released. It is way to expensive to stay on top of the cellphone game

MolecularGraph

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
... Don't switch lines with the phones, merely use the every other year thing to get new phones for the same line... get your extra line super basic smartphone plan :D

gspeed

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site

Whats your current phone?

Your my boy blue

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
As far the release goes... I think Verizon has a wait and see attitude to see if the phone is a success. Overall I think it will be and I think the same interval of time from the DINC to the X will be between the X and the Fascinate. It will definitely come to VZW just not as soon as we would like.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
As far the release goes... I think Verizon has a wait and see attitude to see if the phone is a success. Overall I think it will be and I think the same interval of time from the DINC to the X will be between the X and the Fascinate. It will definitely come to VZW just not as soon as we would like.

Well I'm not sure about that, but if there is THAT much of an interval, VZ will be losing lots of customers who want this phone to - let's see - ANY other carrier since customers will be able to get it on EVERY other carrier within a month.

It seems a really really poor decision if this is the case. An exclusive phone's release date can be maneuvered a bit by a company with little negative consequences. A phone like this, that is available everywhere has a much greater risk of failing if not brought to market quick enough.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez