Worst CS in Seacaucas Verizon Wireless

zlee67

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
So I bought a Fascinate about two weeks ago and have been loving it. The form and screen is perfect however I have had issues with voice quality (static, echo feedback and background), GPS not always locking down and black frozen screens. These issues are sporadic so I have just dealt with them but I wanted to take into Verizon Wireless to see whether I might be to exchange for new one to see whether the issues are still there. So I went to a Verizon Wireless in Seacaucas and dealt with the most incompetent or just deceitful people. I told them about my issues with the voice quality so he calls my phone and tests it, and said he does not see an issue. So I tried it and heard the static and echo. The voice quality is sub par (I have blackberry before this one) compared to other phones that i used. He gets his colleague to test it and again he said it seems fine. So I said forget it and addressed the GPS issue. He plays with my phone for about 20 minutes, reboots it 2 or 3 times and can not get a GPS lock. Then he opens google and said it seems to be working fine even the it was point in a radius not a GPS lock. Then I asked whether other people had issues and he said he has not heard any. And, one guys told me the the GPS will not work inside so I should go out and try it. LOL I already did try it outside which is why I was there trying to troubleshoot my issues.

I wanted to just laugh since I searched and found these were common issues with the Fascinate. I have to say that this was the worst experience with Verizon, either they were just incompetent and had no clue or just lying out of the arse.

Just wanted to vent and warn people about the Verizon Wireless store in Seacaucas, NJ. Do not go there unless you just want to waste your time. I will never go back there again. Usually, I get better service when I go to the stores in NYC.

Just wanted to vent. And new I am contemplating whether to stick it out and hope 2.2 will the issues or exchange for a Droid X. This is a great phone but the sporadic issues do get to me especially the voice quaility when I use the phone in NYC where there is a lot of background noise. Anyone else have issues when they went to Verizon about this phone?

Gitykins

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
You can fix everything on this phone besides the call quality. I don't really talk on the phone too much (2-4 times a day for like 5 mins each) and my old BB storm had a messed up microphone, so I couldn't care less about it.

If you actually care that much about call quality and reception, then the Droid X might be for you. I happen to just care about the openness of the phone, computing power, and battery life. I seem to have those 3 covered with the Fascinate as opposed to the Droid.

Oh, and for GPS, open Settings>Location & security and uncheck everything in the top besides Standalone GPS. Locks on within a minute.

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
You can fix everything on this phone besides the call quality. I don't really talk on the phone too much (2-4 times a day for like 5 mins each) and my old BB storm had a messed up microphone, so I couldn't care less about it.

If you actually care that much about call quality and reception, then the Droid X might be for you. I happen to just care about the openness of the phone, computing power, and battery life. I seem to have those 3 covered with the Fascinate as opposed to the Droid.

Oh, and for GPS, open Settings>Location & security and uncheck everything in the top besides Standalone GPS. Locks on within a minute.

The X is rated #1 in battery life.

zlee67

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site

Yeah, I really like the phone but call quality gets me at times since I am in city and there is a lot of background noise. I will try that gps fix. Thanks for the tip. I still have two weeks so I will see. I was just surprised that verizon guys denied any issues.

theoneuafter

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
Had a similar issue in Clifton NJ on rt3
They seemed not to care really about my issues. I recently started having an issue with my screen. Nothing big just very annoying somtimes, I touch the screen and the phone does nothing for about 2 mins, then it "wakes up" and works like it should.
Cant wait to see what they say about that problem lol

ellisz

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
Call quality and lack of dropped calls have been improved for me since moving from the D1. Battery has been amazing too.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non