missing apps in market

ellisz

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
Anyone have any apps disappear after upgrading to EB01? I originally noticed barnacle and buzzbox not available in the market after upgrading. I was having battery issues so I decided to odin the deodexed EB01 file. I noticed that Buzzbox and barnacle are back but Moola lite is gone.

I assume this is not the market and my phone?

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Anyone have any apps disappear after upgrading to EB01? I originally noticed barnacle and buzzbox not available in the market after upgrading. I was having battery issues so I decided to odin the deodexed EB01 file. I noticed that Buzzbox and barnacle are back but Moola lite is gone.

I assume this is not the market and my phone?
if you odined a rom all the old stuff is gone.

Chris3D

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
if you odined a rom all the old stuff is gone.

I think he's talking about apps disappearing from the market, not just the phone.

I noticed this too immediately following upgrading to EB01. One of my favorite apps - Privacy Filter (which I purchased) was no longer in the market - at all. Searches turned up nothing, and it didn't appear in my list of purchased apps. Still turned up fine in a web-search on AppBrain, but nothing on the phone. A few days later, I reflashed for one reason or another, and it was back. Not sure the reason for the disappearance.

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I think he's talking about apps disappearing from the market, not just the phone.

I noticed this too immediately following upgrading to EB01. One of my favorite apps - Privacy Filter (which I purchased) was no longer in the market - at all. Searches turned up nothing, and it didn't appear in my list of purchased apps. Still turned up fine in a web-search on AppBrain, but nothing on the phone. A few days later, I reflashed for one reason or another, and it was back. Not sure the reason for the disappearance.

thats super wierd

Chris3D

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
thats super wierd

Yea, the only explanation I could come up with was the fact that I think the app was updated around this same time. Maybe it just took a little while for the systems to register the new version.

Not sure if that's truly what happened, but it'll be interesting to see if the OP's apps re-appear and whether or not they were updated.

DJKnut

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
I noticed the same thing... I think that the apps are coded for compatibility, and they don't show up on the search list until their listing is updated ... if you do an OTA update, they'll still be on your phone and work so it isn't a matter of functionality.. I have two SF phones and witnessed this first hand... after a few days, the market search started to show all the missing apps... DJ

ellisz

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, that is what I a talking about :) I went from SC DL30 to SC EB01 and noticed some missing. When I odin'd EB01, most came back. Right now I see moola premium but not moola lite. I use this for checkbook balancing :( Maybe if I flash SC 2.5 it will come back...

weird

I tried adding the app from a Titanium Backup but for some reason ads are worse than I have seen in the past. It launches video and my browser after every selection! I guess SC was blocking this? I installed spare part as I thought it had the ad free built in but it is not helping. Might have to drop this app...

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87