New to the Fascinate Forum? Say Hello!

Sheepdog Elite

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
You would think so after how long and how many times he has pestered me about switching to voodoo. All I got from him was a "finally!" No hoopla, nothing like that, not even a golf clap :(

*golf clap* I thought you would have made that jump a while ago LOL. I'm a little disappointed it took so long :confused:

Heath276

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Well I know this is a hello place but almost thinking it will good bye. I love coming here and have learn so much. My problem is its not as fun anymore. I don't like how things are getting renamed and move around. I know we have to have rules but some times it seems over the top. Like I don't want to start a thread because its going to be renamed or moved or somthing. It feels like im doing somthing wrong like I should send my question to someone so they can name it right or put it somewere I can't find it. Sorry its late I have been to the bar but just need to get my feeling out. I love this place and talking to y'all and learning all I can. So hope I will get over this...sorry

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Kevin Gossett

Retired Moderator
Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Alright, let's get this out of the way...

I've been a regular here since the Fascinate was launched. I'm sure a lot of you have noticed that I was recently bumped up to moderator. I hope to continue helping out as best I can, and also help keep the place organized, civil, and good-spirited like it always has been!

There has been a lot of activity recently, and I can't take credit for a lot of it... But if anyone has questions or concerns, feel free to PM me and we can discuss :)

Reactions: Sheepdog Elite

lifeofanomad

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I've been wandering these boards for about a month now since and decided to finally edit my profile and give myself some depth and say hello. So hello everyone...

I just got the Fascinate recently when my Droid finally gave up on me... All the flashing and experimenting finally caught up with it I guess... So coming into this phone (Fascinate), it's totally different.. which is a good thing... Thanks to everyone who has helped me so far, and I hope to contribute to this awesome community...

Tr4ck3rx

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Hiya Fascinating People

Very new to Android. Hiya :) I have rooted and used ssh to work with Ubuntu server. Reversed the root for the last 2 OTAs. So researching for the latest froyo rom and all the extras. I will root again and flash froyo since it is sooo slow coming on OTA. Might look at running embedded linux and android in a vm to play with.

Thanks for being a great community with a lot of info. :D

Hope I can contribute in the future when I get more exp. :p

Moonshot

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Just threw my hat in the ring. I almost bought a Thunderbolt and got scared by the battery and came to the conclusion, "why would I buy a $200 Fascinate from Verizon with a 2.1 and a 2 year contract when I can buy a slightly used one for the same price on eBay and root it? I believe it would eliminate all sorts of crud like Bing and bad apps... correct? Can anyone till me where I should be on this forum and if my thinking is clear?

esrakes24

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Just threw my hat in the ring. I almost bought a Thunderbolt and got scared by the battery and came to the conclusion, "why would I buy a $200 Fascinate from Verizon with a 2.1 and a 2 year contract when I can buy a slightly used one for the same price on eBay and root it? I believe it would eliminate all sorts of crud like Bing and bad apps... correct? Can anyone till me where I should be on this forum and if my thinking is clear?

Read these http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...ational-meta-thread-let-discussion-begin.html

http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...nate-beginners-rooting-read-me-3-17-11-a.html

These Two threads will tell just about everything u need to know

Heath276

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
howdy folks!! i need some twits! i just joined twitter and i only have one follower. :(. nitsu17 is the only one.

hey i dont have twitter but i asked in a differnt thread but why dont we start a facebook group not to take the place on here but a place we all can say about anything we want to. Think it would be cool to have all of yall on facebook.

DarkAngel6698

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
noob Here lol

Hello all, just thought I would take a break from all the reading as I'm getting info overload from so much reading. I have a couple of question's just not sure where to post them.

Phone is not rooted but it is flashed.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Hello all, just thought I would take a break from all the reading as I'm getting info overload from so much reading. I have a couple of question's just not sure where to post them.

Phone is not rooted but it is flashed.

Welcome DarkAngel, what are the questions about and ill direct you where to ask them