Swype not working, and Vibrate

cfox10

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Well, I have been through some of the threads about Swype, most just ask if it's set as the input method. I have Swype set as the input method, it allows me to swype, but the text does not show up, the blue flashing border shows (similar to when you try using it while no text box is selected) but I can touch type using swype keyboard just fine.

Any ideas?

My last issue is the vibrate function, my phone vibrates when in apps that use it, but I can't select it to vibrate when I want the audio down. Only allows me to have sound, or silent.

Kernel: 2.6.32.9
Firmware 2.2.1
Baseband: S:i500.04 V.EB01

Thanks!

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Well, I have been through some of the threads about Swype, most just ask if it's set as the input method. I have Swype set as the input method, it allows me to swype, but the text does not show up, the blue flashing border shows (similar to when you try using it while no text box is selected) but I can touch type using swype keyboard just fine.

Any ideas?

My last issue is the vibrate function, my phone vibrates when in apps that use it, but I can't select it to vibrate when I want the audio down. Only allows me to have sound, or silent.

Kernel: 2.6.32.9
Firmware 2.2.1
Baseband: S:i500.04 V.EB01

Thanks!

was it working before and it just stopped working? are you running stock EB01?

cfox10

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
was it working before and it just stopped working? are you running stock EB01?

It was working before, on this same build.
It's not stock EB01.
I'm running SC 2.9.2, with UV/overclocked kernel.

Okay, let me clear things up a little first, Vibrate has NOT worked since going to SC 2.9.2, Swype has always worked, up until yesterday.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
It was working before, on this same build.
It's not stock EB01.
I'm running SC 2.9.2, with UV/overclocked kernel.

Okay, let me clear things up a little first, Vibrate has NOT worked since going to SC 2.9.2, Swype has always worked, up until yesterday.

i dont know what would cause it just to just randomly stop but maybe you should try out the comm rom or evil fascinate

FearTheGhost13

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Will check those out, but I love SC. It looks so nice.
=p

Another option would be to clear delvik cache and cache partitions and reflash the rom, wipe data/factory reset would probably definetly fix it and of course then reflashing the rom. But I'd only do a data wipe if the first method didn't work. Sometimes the best start is a fresh start :)

Edit: I also reccommend redownloading the rom and if there's anything else you flashed redownload them as well then follow those steps. Could be that one of the downloads was corrupted slightly or you didn't get a fully complete download. Can't hurt!