Verizon Galaxy Nexus Extended Battery Cases

fshnrob

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
I was wondering if anybody new of any cases that will fit the Galaxy Nexus with an extended battery? I don't use a case but would like to get one for when I need it. I haven't been able to find anything. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks!

ellisz

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
I bought the Diztronic(was TPU) case from Amazon for $10. It is a hard style gel cover. Works well with the extended battery. There is a thread in the accessories forum I believe that talks about options.

geocurt

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I use the Otterbox Commuter, and though it's not designed for the extended battery it works. I left the original backplate on with the extended batter - which would not work great out of the case but makes the case fit darn near perfectly - there is just a slight bulge at the bottom which you would never notice if you weren't looking for it.

fshnrob

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
Oh great thank you for the quick response. Thanks for the heads up on the thread too. I really appreciate it. Going to check out your case at amazon.

fshnrob

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
Thanks Geocurt, I didn't realize those would work as well. I'll have to look at those. Thank you too for the quick response, I appreciate it.

geocurt

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
My pleasure. I put an otterbox on my wife's razr and this one on my Nexus and I love both. Only knock on the one for the nexus is the included screen protector only covers the display, not the whole front. I can always buy another screen protector though if I want to.

fshnrob

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
I went and bought the skinomi screen cover and it was the best protector that I've bought and I've tried many. It's one of the ones that requires it to go on wet. It's amazing! It covers the whole screen and you can't tell it's on there. It's similar to the Zagg but I like it better as the Zagg felt sticky on top where this is smooth. I got it at Amazon for $6 with shipping.

mrdunn

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
My wife has the Verizon hi-gloss black neoprene case and I have the black Incipio case from Verizon with the extended battery case and they both fit fine. There is so little difference between the 2 backs that any case with a little stretch should work.

adfrancis

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
You all mention that the Incipio case fits snuggly..would this be the black "feather" case or the black "NGP" case? I'm leaning towards the feather myself but the site states "The feather case unfortunately is not designed to fit with the extended battery in place." Anyone had any real hands-on experiences with the Incipio feather case by chance? Just curious as to weather the official statement was just a cop-out or if it actually doesn't have enough 'give' to accommodate.

Edwill86

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
just got a seidio active case. its not designed for the extended but it fits almost perfectly and has a tiny kickstand. Iv been missing my Thunderbolt's kickstand but not any more! :p

THadaniS01

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know if the extended battery/door fit with the Incipio Silicrylic case or the Verizon Double Case?

Sent from my beloved Galaxy NEXUS via CyanTapatalk ;-)

samkatz

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I have the Incipio on my phone w/extended battery. It's a tight fit but it will cover the phone. There's a slight gap between the two layers of the case, but has no bad effect. The only thing I don't like about this case is that's it's a bit bulky and won't fit in any available holster or side pouch.

I just got a Seidio Surface and holster in the mail. I wanted to like it because it is thinner and had the holster. The case barely closed over the extended battery.. I should say, didn't fully close on bottom, but was latched tightly shut. It worked well in the holster. However, I"m sending it back. I thought I'd like the openings for the volume and power buttons vs the rubber coverings on the Incipio and similar cases. Turns out, I really got used to those outside buttons on the case and didn't like reaching in to push the metal buttons. Also I didn't like the grip/feel of the back of the Seidio, and felt that if I dropped the phone, the 2 layers of the Incipio will give better protection.

So I guess everything has a tradeoff. The Gnex is the longest phone out there and I'm hoping someone will make a side belt case that will fit the phone/Incipio combo.

bdnyy23

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I have the Incipio on my phone w/extended battery. It's a tight fit but it will cover the phone. There's a slight gap between the two layers of the case, but has no bad effect. The only thing I don't like about this case is that's it's a bit bulky and won't fit in any available holster or side pouch.

I just got a Seidio Surface and holster in the mail. I wanted to like it because it is thinner and had the holster. The case barely closed over the extended battery.. I should say, didn't fully close on bottom, but was latched tightly shut. It worked well in the holster. However, I"m sending it back. I thought I'd like the openings for the volume and power buttons vs the rubber coverings on the Incipio and similar cases. Turns out, I really got used to those outside buttons on the case and didn't like reaching in to push the metal buttons. Also I didn't like the grip/feel of the back of the Seidio, and felt that if I dropped the phone, the 2 layers of the Incipio will give better protection.

So I guess everything has a tradeoff. The Gnex is the longest phone out there and I'm hoping someone will make a side belt case that will fit the phone/Incipio combo.

Just wanted to let you know that the Incipio case does fit in the Seidio Active Holster. I tried it with my friends holster, haven't received mine yet, but it does fit. The Inicipio dual layer case is almost the same size as the Seidio Active case.

samkatz

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Just wanted to let you know that the Incipio case does fit in the Seidio Active Holster. I tried it with my friends holster, haven't received mine yet, but it does fit. The Inicipio dual layer case is almost the same size as the Seidio Active case.

tx. good to know. I suspected that since the two dual layer cases look pretty similar in design

S281

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
Got the Case Mate Barely There in the mail today. I can now confirm it does NOT fit with the extended battery and either of the two back covers (standard or extended battery cover). The case is too loose at the bottom where the battery hump is and it probably would not stay on in the event of a fall. I didnt try it without any battery cover because that makes me uncomfortable.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87