[ROM] Android Open Kang Project

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Well, so much for waiting for the next milestone. ;-)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Blue Tapatalk

these features are coming fast. i havent even tried the no nav bar mod, but the lockscreen wall is available in the latest unblacked-overlayed aokp rom - and its pretty cool. nice to at least have the option to change it.

not sure when the next milestone will be out ... but good luck waiting haha

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
The no nav bar mod is OK, but I change out softkeys like wallpaper so I won't do that. Better be an option only or dealbreaker.
Lockscreen wallpaper mod sounds good.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to the satisfied band of aokp users. Notice a few codename guys switching over too. ;?]

I'm holding out for now :p ha.
Maybe when it gets a "quiet hours" feature would bring me back .
Still have AOKP Milestone 3 on backup tho.
I had to jump on this thread and see what y'all AOKP peeps were talking about tho.
Oooppps did I troll haha O:) My bad
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Last edited:

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Ahh, a typo. Hard to figure what quite hours were.
These codename ppl need to learn how to spell lol

JK :p

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Ahh, a typo. Hard to figure what quite hours were.

Yeah I posted a screen shot in the codename thread yesterday afternoon showing the quiet hours settings .

Like Zero Neck mentioned tho just so you can have you notification sounds off ,for sms, emails ,etc. for certain hours of the day/night that you choose.
But have you phone still ring.

I fixed that typo HA HA :p "quite hours" haha didnt even catch that typo til just now

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
For those of you running Build 23 with the latest Franco kernel, how fast does your battery drain using WIFI?

wifi on and stock kernel w/ b23 - something like 7 percent drain per hour if i dont do much (something typical for my use - with only gmail and fb syncing - light to mod web browsing - mod texts and very light calls - is about 20% drain in 3 hours with say 30 min screen on).

if that helps.

SuperChargedJ

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
wifi on and stock kernel w/ b23 - something like 7 percent drain per hour if i dont do much (something typical for my use - with only gmail and fb syncing - light to mod web browsing - mod texts and very light calls - is about 20% drain in 3 hours with say 30 min screen on).

if that helps.

Yes, this definitely helps. Thanks.

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Yes, this definitely helps. Thanks.

word np. i tried francos and trinity 2-3 weeks ago and just didnt see any real bump in battery or performance so i've basically left it stock since then.

used to be crackheaded about imo's LK/etc for thunderbolt/dinc but the stock kernel on gnex works great for me.

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
yeah i saw that. should be up by tonight i think.

wish i could get some fresh air but i got casebooks to read. law school sucks :(

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Looks like build 24 will be out soon. Saw the following tweet from roman. Woohoo!

@romanbb: Bot is in process of compiling all builds. When they're completed, you'll see it on this page: http://forum.aokp.co/page/releases/_/build-24-r5 =)

Edit: Now I just have to resist checking the link every 30 seconds. ;) On the bright side, no wipe is needed for those updating from build 23.

Sent using Tapatalk

Last edited:

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
I just saw the 'hide the nav bar on the fly' mod in the aokp thread. That thing is sick.