[RADIOS][VZW] Galaxy Nexus Radios and Installation Guide

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Personally, I think the stability is your phone's preference. I have had nothing but good experience with Euroskank, but my wife's phone couldn't boot with the last 2 nightlies. Her phone might need AOKP. She tried booting with Franco as well and nothing. I think both are very stable. But, everyone has their own experience.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

With ROMs I think that may be true to a degree, but more so with kernels imo, based in the way that processors are made and have varying floors and ceilings. But I can buy that :)

I found skank awesome, but had more inexplicable reboots with that than anything else. Haven't had (or noticed) them with kang.

But your mileage... :)

Wicket

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
any eta on the fastboot version? I know we just got these but I want to try and do it that way since I have yet to flash a radio from fastboot. I flashed CWM recovery that way on my Nexus and now I want to check off a radio flash as well! Achievement Unlocked! :D

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
any eta on the fastboot version? I know we just got these but I want to try and do it that way since I have yet to flash a radio from fastboot. I flashed CWM recovery that way on my Nexus and now I want to check off a radio flash as well! Achievement Unlocked! :D

Pretty sure they can be pulled from the full jro03o leak, but haven't tried it.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

You can download the zip, open it, just take out the radio .img files and fastboot them :)

EDIT: Actually wait... if the LTE one is indeed a .p (patch) file then that may not work..

Reactions: zero neck

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
You can download the zip, open it, just take out the radio .img files and fastboot them :)

EDIT: Actually wait... if the LTE one is indeed a .p (patch) file then that may not work..

Yup. Would have to wait for the images or for someone to pull/dump the images.

ConTejas

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Anyone able to educate me as to how new radios (as in software) actually work? I've searched a bit on the net and I haven't found anything on radio hardware/software interaction. What sort of things can be improved (or deteriorated) via software patches/updates? Just a link would be great, too.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Anyone able to educate me as to how new radios (as in software) actually work? I've searched a bit on the net and I haven't found anything on radio hardware/software interaction. What sort of things can be improved (or deteriorated) via software patches/updates? Just a link would be great, too.

Don't have a link, but something like signal readout (how it reads the signal, intervals, etc.), thresholds for "holding" a signal, "dropping" a signal, and "grabbing" a signal, etc. The hardware obviously doesn't change--but little things can be improved, particularly handoffs.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
In theory you should be able to flash 404 lte then the fg lte , no?

Yup. In theory what they can do is simply fastboot the 4.0.4's then fastboot the pulled images from the JB one. However, I have no idea how to deal with the .p file...in the updater script it extracts the image from there.

Here's the updater script FWIW:

mount("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/platform/omap/omap_hsmmc.0/by-name/system", "/system");
ui_print("Writing LTE radio FC05...");
package_extract_file("radio.img", "/dev/block/platform/omap/omap_hsmmc.0/by-name/radio");
ui_print("Patching LTE radio...");
apply_patch("EMMC:/dev/block/platform/omap/omap_hsmmc.0/by-name/radio:10748160:b525f2286630c594e556839bf84033c5b45fa6e1:10748160:93719bba6975331430a1db680934619418249e4f",
"-", 93719bba6975331430a1db680934619418249e4f, 10748160,
b525f2286630c594e556839bf84033c5b45fa6e1, package_extract_file("radio.img.p"));
ui_print("Writing CDMA radio...");
assert(samsung.update_cdma_modem(
package_extract_file("radio-cdma.img")));
unmount("/system");

Ridgerunner20

May 15, 2012
Visit site
Update, Twelve hours later and I still haven't dropped signal yet. I'm defiantly seeing an improvement with these new radios. Check out the screen shots below and look at the difference. Btw, these screen shots were taken while I was sleeping, so, I wasn't using the phone almost at all.

Reactions: dmmarck

CA1NE

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
I've also noticed a visual (little signal bars) enhancement but have yet to test whether or not i actually have full 4g all day at work or home. Very nice update to the radios though..... I'm impressed Verizon.....for now :cool:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

ggamannom

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
anyone having bluetooth problems after flashing the new radios? Mine used to work fine before the JB flash and the radio flash but I'm assuming AOKP JB Build 1 has nothing to do with bluetooth quality...

youngzayiles

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Idk the new radios have been a bit shaky for me. I'm noticing faster transitions going from 3g to 4g but it seems like my phone is bouncing back and forth more then it used to going down to 3g. No bueno for my battery.

Sent from my galaxy nexus running jelly bean!

Wicket

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
Why all the post about unzipping files and running scripts? Can't you just download the file from rootz and flash it like normal?

lol yes. He was asking about fastbooting them manually, however.

yes, I am wanting to do things manually, something I want to do for Nexus owner bragging rights ;)

thanks for the insights so far guys, not brave enough to try so I'll wait for them to be posted. :)

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty