Jelly Bean 4.2 Camera

atif13

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Played with the camera for a while and got most of the things working, which is more than I expected as it's been 2 days since we even got to see the new features!!
Just wanted to know if taking a picture while recording in 720p mode works for the rest of you? The camera hangs as soon as I tap to take the picture while recording. I have to force close it to be able to use it again. The picture IS saved but the video is corrupted. Also 1080p mode closes the app. Normal recording at 720p has no problems.

The last thing is the photosphere mode: no lag, renders it well but the saved file shows a weird panoramic picture in the gallery. Reading the forum it seems that it's only viewable on G+ so is it suppose to be like that in the gallery app?

EDIT - I guess the photosphere viewer isn't working for anyone. Oh well :)

Link_of_Hyrule

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Anyone on ICS able to get the Gallery filters to work? Everything except camera 360 seems to work so far (and camcorder but that's because the drivers are broken not the app)

TheIowaKid

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
K so heres what i did to make it work so that i didnt get the gallery FC error. BTW im on AOKP JB Milestone 1 w/ Franco kernal. Flash the 4.2Camera_t01.zip file in recovery. then boot back up. Once your OS has loaded, you will most likely get a gallery FC error. I used Root Explorer and went to System-App and you will see a Gallery2.apk file. I renamed it to Gallery2.bak. Once thats done, REBOOT your phone. Once it loaded back up, i never got the FC again. If you had app icons for camera or gallery on your homescreen, they will be gone. Just go back to your drawer and re add the app icon shortcut to your homescreen. Hope this helps out

For some reason it won't let me rename Gsllery2.apk. it says its a system read only. I'm rooted and root explorer has root permissions...any idea what I could be doing wrong?

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

bakerbert

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
EDIT - I guess the photosphere viewer isn't working for anyone. Oh well :)

From my understanding there is a separate app that is needed view photosphere pics, my guess is that app will turn up soon.

I am amazed that this and the keyboard are here so soon, great work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit
"For some reason it won't let me rename Gsllery2.apk. it says its a system read only. I'm rooted and root explorer has root permissions...any idea what I could be doing wrong?"

Click the R/W button on the top of root explorer, this will allow you to modify the files in that folder:)

FatherD

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
To get Sphere working on non-Nexus devices you might need to edit your build.prop file. MAKE A NANDROID FIRST!!
Thanks to aniket.sananse over at XDA:
Use a root file browser/editor go to /system and open for editing build.prop
edit the prop files...
Ro.product.model change to galaxy nexus

Ro.product. brand. Change to Google

reboot..!
you can operate sphere panorama... in camera..!

Tower72

Gigantic Member
Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Damn im so glad I decided to dump my Thunderbolt for the Nexus lol..I love this phone...and this community!! Thanks for making this happen. Works great on Bamf Paradigm 4.1.2!!

princedhampir

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Just installed the libs and the app, and unfortunately Photosphere is not working on my device I got "Sorry, your device is not yet supported. Model: GT-I9100" samsung

The camera over all works well and the gallery too I'm just missing Video recording.!

Thanks

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
To get Sphere working on non-Nexus devices you might need to edit your build.prop file. MAKE A NANDROID FIRST!!
Thanks to aniket.sananse over at XDA:
Use a root file browser/editor go to /system and open for editing build.prop
edit the prop files...
Ro.product.model change to galaxy nexus

Ro.product. brand. Change to Google

reboot..!
you can operate sphere panorama... in camera..!

Didn't work, what format do you have to have the "galaxy nexus" in?

Erckul

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
Reboot?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

as it turns out, I neglected to change permissions on the original camera file. D'oh!!! Once I did that... BAM!!! 4.2 camera popped up.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2