So, is it safe to call this device the Nexus Prime yet?

sushiglobster

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site
Given the recent application list leak and the complete lack of bull**** Verizon bloatware (thank god), I suppose this makes this new phone a Google Experience phone. We've called this thing the Droid Prime, The Samsung Galaxy Nexus, and I'm sure some other things too....

So, does it now earn the title of a Nexus?

If I recall, the word Prime was just something that the community kind of made up, do you think Google will actually call it the Nexus Prime or something else?

I don't know about you, but I am so VERY happy to see no bloatware on this phone.

Here's to hoping that doesn't change come release day.

yankdez

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
i think the prime is actually a non-nexus phone that should be going to multiple carriers? at least thats what i got from all these contradicting rumors. doesnt really matter because vzw is getting a heck of a nonbloated phone soon.

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
Samsung Galaxy Nexus seems to be the most likely. However, it could end up being the Droid Nexus for all we know.

Hearthatvoiceagain

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Samsung Galaxy Nexus seems to be the most likely. However, it could end up being the Droid Nexus for all we know.

Why is this "the most likely"?

Google choses the manufacturer to make the phone and the name of the phone. Why would they let Samsung get both their name and galaxy one this phone?

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

SpaceHippie

Journeyman
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
prime wasnt made up. Samsung filed a report claiming someone stole the firmware for it. They used the term Nexus Prime in a cease and desist notice.

turb0wned

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I think going with Galaxy Nexus or Nexus Galaxy the phone will sell more. Nexus Prime sounds much better but Nexus phones haven't been marketed correctly which is why they don't sell. Just please no Droid, then it will just be another Droid 1 not a Nexus, no updates from google..

jerrod6

May 20, 2011
Visit site
How about Nexus Droid Prime by Samsung Really I don't care if Droid is in there at all, at this point I am thinking that this might be my next phone.

Also a possibility that Droid won't be in the name because Verizon just released the Droid Bionic in September.

yankdez

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
How about Nexus Droid Prime by Samsung Really I don't care if Droid is in there at all, at this point I am thinking that this might be my next phone.

Also a possibility that Droid won't be in the name because Verizon just released the Droid Bionic in September.
thought your first line was what you wanted the name to be since there was no period. lol

huskerkate

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
since it appears Google and Sammy are making the announcement together, I think we're looking at just Galaxy Nexus. ...or, is this thread no longer accepting serious input?! ;)

ManBearPig618

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
since it appears Google and Sammy are making the announcement together, I think we're looking at just Galaxy Nexus. ...or, is this thread no longer accepting serious input?! ;)

This. They get the brand recognition of both the GSII and Nexus...seems like a win-win for both companies.