Verizon Nexus doesnt say "Google"?

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I thought this was already known. I could care either way really. I have friends who have Sprint and T Mobile who never seem to have service so I've learned to appreciate VZW a lot.
Yeah. I thought this was covered already. The back could have the big "V" and 4G LTE in big 2 inch letters for all I care. I worry more about the screen and what's inside making it run.

sorry to be rude, but did this really need a new thread?
My first thoughts exactly. I think this is better considered as a "comment" in the pictures thread that was just recently created.

bphelminski

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I don't care about the logo personally.

But I think this sums up some people's thoughts on the matter:

11789427.jpg

Chad McRad

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
so.. you're saying i have to stare at that hideous logo on the BACK of the phone when ever i take the cover off? my life is ruined... someone please sparta kick me into a bottomless pit. i just can't believe this

goldkear

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
so.. you're saying i have to stare at that hideous logo on the BACK of the phone when ever i take the cover off? my life is ruined... someone please sparta kick me into a bottomless pit. i just can't believe this

wrong thread, this is the "lack of google logo" thread, you want the "existence of verizon logo" thread. thank you, and have a nice day.

brinox

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
But the back of my bloat-i-fied Droid Incredible says "with Google" on it.

Edit: ^^ beat me to it.

but doesnt "With Google" only mean that it has the Google market/gmail/maps/etc on the device, while "Google" means that there is the Google market/gmail/maps/etc and nothing else (as in carrier bloat, etc)..?

compare the back of the Nexus devices with the back of any Sense or Motoblur device and I think you will find that the Nexus devices only have "Google" while the majority of the others will have "With Google" or nothing.

I could be wrong though

xAGx#AC

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
This is absurd. Im just gonna have to put on a case now to cover that horrid logo. I might as well not get it at all actually, I really just wanted to stare at the Google logo, and now I cant. Verizon is such a menace for wanting to put its logo on a device on its network. They might as well just paint it red. I mean, its pretty much the same thing, right?

Iceman0803

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I can live with the logo and two apps. Its not like we can't take it off. Phone will just go as fast and talk and text and web the same.

I'm just happy or everybody should be happy that's the only thing they did. They could have locked the bootloader then that's a different story. Soooooo I can't argue.

Same, as long as Google still controls updates too. I'd be HIGHLY annoyed if they gave that up to VZW as well.

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
This is absurd. Im just gonna have to put on a case now to cover that horrid logo. I might as well not get it at all actually, I really just wanted to stare at the Google logo, and now I cant. Verizon is such a menace for wanting to put its logo on a device on its network. They might as well just paint it red. I mean, its pretty much the same thing, right?

I know what you mean! Like, at this rate, how do we even KNOW that it's REAL Android being put on the device? What if it's secretly shipping with...iOS! OMG CAN SOMEONE WITH THE VERIZON LTE GALAXY NEXUS VERIFY THIS? MAYBE IT'S TIME TO OCCUPY VERIZON!

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Don't overthink the topic, at hand. Google made this is one for Verizon. It's not compatible on any other carriers bands. I doubt it matters to them very much because it is on every GSM model they create. Not to mention the fact that the Google Search bar is prominently, embedded into most screens. It's gonna remain there, locked in place on the phones that consumers will purchase. Most of which have no clue it can be removed w/ some know how. Also w/ android, Google has no bloated ego about it. If they really gave a ish, it would be on every android device that is sold.

anon(512898)

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Don't overthink the topic, at hand. Google made this is one for Verizon. It's not compatible on any other carriers bands. I doubt it matters to them very much because it is on every GSM model they create. Not to mention the fact that the Google Search bar is prominently, embedded into most screens. It's gonna remain there, locked in place on the phones that consumers will purchase. Most of which have no clue it can be removed w/ some know how. Also w/ android, Google has no bloated ego about it. If they really gave a ish, it would be on every android device that is sold.

This. Google probably didn't want to clutter the phone up with a ton of logos but Samsung insisted on theirs, which is why the Samsung logo is on both versions (just like the nexus s, whereas the nexus one had no HTC logo). Verizon insisted on their logo being on the device as well so Google probably gave that to them as part of a deal that gave them control over other things that matter more so Google didn't put their logo on to try to keep it clean and they where likely satisfied with their branding on the homescreens.

SchroederNexus

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
You could always get a Google tattoo if you are so obsessed with their logo. I just want the phone. It could say P.O.S. on it and I'd still buy it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch