Accessory Pictures (and Prices)

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
The case I preferred (my wife has the same one for her iPhone) comes with three screen protectors and a universal car charger (with USB slot), back case and holster. List price is $49.97.

The charger kit comes with a spare 1850mAh battery, charger and a micro-USB Y-cable (so you can charge your phone AND the extra batter at the same time). I included photos with a quarter to help show scale. List price is 39.99.

To each their own with accessories but I thought I'd "do it right" with the Samsung spare battery. And regarding the case, this one will be perfect for me based on my usage (pocket for casual wear, holster for dress attire at work) so I didn't mind paying a little more than some of the other options that might be out there. (Thank goodness for my corporate discount!!!!)

I apologize that I didn't bother to notice the prices on the other two flexible cases they had (matte black and glossy black) but I hope this is enough to quench some of the thirst out there.

Call me an impatient kid at Christmas, but I think us old farts deserve to be that on occasion, too. :cool:

Last edited:

Scout_313

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
That's an awesome price for the charger/spare battery. Did you by chance notice if they'll be selling the charging dock that utilizes the charging contacts on the side of the phone?

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
That's an awesome price for the charger/spare battery. Did you by chance notice if they'll be selling the charging dock that utilizes the charging contacts on the side of the phone?

I was surprised by the price of the battery/dock, too. I would have thought the prices would have been reversed for it compared to the "power and protection package."

I pointed out the charging/HDMI dock on display for the Razr but the sales rep didn't have any knowledge of that for the Nexus. He brought out one of everything they had, too (he seemed very eager to show me what was available and not just for the commission possibilities). Besides what I bought, they had the two flexible cases and a pack of screen protectors.

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Everyone has their opinions/preferences. The silicone cases I saw (in person) were enough to give you a migraine, dysentery and herpes...all at the same time. But, again, everyone has their personal preferences. ;)

true. i typically like clean, simple, minimalist designs. and also sometimes it's hard to judge things until you have them in your hands.

enjoy your new G-Nex!

jerrod6

May 20, 2011
Visit site
I like the hip holster but it seems like they are selling it packaged with the car charger dock? Is that correct? Can you get the holster without the car charger? I guess it is a bundle and if I don't want to use some of the stuff I don't have to. What is the case made out of and how does it feel?

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I like the hip holster but it seems like they are selling it packaged with the car charger dock? Is that correct? Can you get the holster without the car charger? I guess it is a bundle and if I don't want to use some of the stuff I don't have to. What is the case made out of and how does it feel?

I had one before and itis a hard plastic with felt on the inside to protect the phone. They usually also sell it alone without the bundle.

Trophias

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
All of those are for the GSM model. We all know that the Verizon Nexus will be a tiny bit bigger. Will these docks be the same? All of these docks say GSM version only.

D1andOnlyOmen

May 20, 2011
Visit site
Really hope they have the same Samsung docks/accessories for the VZW version. The GSM versions look really nice. I really like the desktop dock that I have for the Bionic I have that came with the Costco bundle I got and I've gotten pretty used to having in on my nightstand as a clock in addition to using my phone as my alarm. But since I'll returning the Bionic to get the Nexus and then selling the Bionic accessories, it would be nice to at least get the desktop dock replaced. I haven't even taken the plastic off of the car dock for the Bionic, but I actually like the look and functionality of the one for the Nexus, so might actually consider using that one if they have one for the VZW version as well.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
No case for me im going naked haven't used a case since the dark days of being an iphone user.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa