youtube app problem

weblos

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
im real sorry if i missed this but i need to know if anyone is having buffering issues within the youtube app.Its happening over wifi and 4g.I know its not the connection speed because my tbolt had no issues ever.i love this phone but i use youtube a lot and this is really pissing me off.Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

jshaffer75

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
I seem to be having problems on wifi right now. I can try and add a channel or favorite a video and it will tell me "my account is not linked please sign into youtube.com and link account". Works fine on 3g/4g though. weird

Bessie7o7

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Same here, over 3g i can barley watch a clip with out it buffering. If i try HQ it takes for ever to start and then just buffers every 2 secs.

dragon718

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
I am having the same issue on some videos, I found that Turing off HQ helps with the buffering and haven't noticed a difference in the way the video looks on some videos with HQ off.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Bessie7o7

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I love this phone but I am having some major issues with YouTube. Side by side with a Droid 3, my GNex's speed is by far inferior. My picture is much nicer but who cares when it takes so long to load. With both devices connected to 3G, both of them getting similar reception (the droid 3 was around -76ish and the Nexus was around -89ish) sitting right next to each other. The nexus took much much longer loading the standard definition videos. When we switched to the HQ videos it took even longer. Once the Nexus finally started to play the video it almost automatically started to buffer. Its weird to me because when we ran through speed test she would also post higher numbers consistently. While downloading apps I would beat the droid 3. I just don't understand. Maybe I'm a total noob or something. All the devices that I have used seem to be faster then my new GNexus, My ipad2 (wifi) beats it hands down. The Girlfriends iPhone 4 beats it, the droid 3, even my old HTC Incredible beats it and top it off my friend has an iPod touch that doesn't post great numbers on speedtest.net but it still out performs the nexus when playing YouTube.

Please tell me I'm a noob and there's a simple fix or small bug or something because I really love everything about this phone besides my issues with YouTube and my poor signal reception.

Thanks