New App for Facebook Hi-Res Photo syncing - "Haxsync"

youngzayiles

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Re: New App for Facebook Hi-Res Photo syncing

The pictures are still pixelated to all hell...

Here is what he said...

Q: Why do some contacts lack status updates / have lower-res images?
A: Some people restrict what apps can access (i.e. statuses and galleries.). I have no way of getting their status or a high-res image for those people using the API, so I have to fallback to a lower-res (but still higher than google contact's 96x96) image

Last edited:

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site

Here is what he said...

Q: Why do some contacts lack status updates / have lower-res images?
A: Some people restrict what apps can access (i.e. statuses and galleries.). I have no way of getting their status or a high-res image for those people using the API, so I have to fallback to a lower-res (but still higher than google contact's 96x96) image

Interesting, thanks for the info. So it's on the contact's side of things. Oh well.

May 17, 2010
Visit site

Nope. I have it set to sync all contacts from this app, google, some other facebook sync app. When I set it to show only the contacts with this app, it only shows 2 contacts. Tried resynching multiple times.

SuX0rz

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site

I installed but there is no "account sync" option in the Facebook app. Anyone else experience that?

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site

How do I go about manually linking a contact with HaxSync?

EDIT: Nevermind

Last edited:

FluxTZ

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site

Ha, I've tried all the things you attempted as well to no avail. I just e-mailed Google about it. Hopefully I hear back soon.

Working fine for me now! Fingers crossed it syncs all my contacts.

Rickgsx

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Need help... Am I being a butthead here or what... I download the app... Installed it but I don't see it in the application list...

I even uninstall it and retired again... And still nothing.... Thoughts.. Suggestions...

Sent from my GNex using Tapatalk

May 18, 2011
Visit site

Im seeing all the profile pictures in my "Peoples" app, but I only see a few of the profile pictures when I go into my dialer to call someone. Is there a way to get all those photos into my dialer?

Edit: OK i figured it out, its because I have 2-3 entries for the same person and my dialer was showing the entry that does not have the contact photo. By merging (joining) them in "People" app this took care of it. Now its showing the facebook photos on the dialer

Last edited:

Szientific

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site

Amazing! Talk about striking while the iron is Hot. Google will probably update this very soon and there wont be a need for Haxsync, but for now this very quick dev can make a pretty nice chunk of change. i grabbed it, worked as advertised. You'll probably have to go into "Accounts to Display" and uncheck Haxsync though. Otherwise ALL of your facebook contacts will populate your contacts. Unchecking HaxSync will remove them.

HES

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site

SWEET!!!! THi sis what I love about the Android OS and its community.

ulnek

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site

this does not alter your contacts in a way that it doesn't backup on google, does it?

motsrox

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site

Hey, I'm the dev of this app. Since xda's mods closed my thread for not having 100+ posts, I will try to answer your questions here.

tidusmccoy1515: That problem was most likely caused by one of your friends having a contact picture larger than 1mb, which broke my sync function. Have you tried version 1.1.1? Does that fix things for you?

Rickgsx: There is no "App" for you to find, you have a new sync-provider in Android System Settings=> Accounts and sync.

Does anyone have feedback/feature suggestions for me?

Last edited:

2000army

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

Hey, I'm the dev of this app. Since the xda's mods closed my thread for not having 100+ posts, I will try to answer your questions here.

tidusmccoy1515: That problem was most likely caused by one of your friends having a contact picture larger than 1mb, which broke my sync function. Have you tried version 1.1.1? Does that fix things for you?

Rickgsx: There is no "App" for you to find, you have a new sync-provider in Android System Settings=> Accounts and sync.

Does anyone have feedback/feature suggestions for me?

Thanks for the App ... works great!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress