Typing lag?

Corban227

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Issue in the tittle. When I type, the text will frequently lag and the vibration from the key board will also lag. Its kinda weird and i was wondering if anyone else was having this issue and if there is a fix. The issue occurs on texts emails and anything with typjng.

A thought I had is that it might be the auto correct or the word guess.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

chevyguy8893

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
I had a bit of lag on the regular android keyboard, but I went to the swift-X trial keyboard and there is no more lag. Plus, the word prediction seems to be a little better, more settings to fit typing styles, and the neon theme looks pretty cool:).

Reactions: Corban227

Mushkie11

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
I had a bit of lag on the regular android keyboard, but I went to the swift-X trial keyboard and there is no more lag. Plus, the word prediction seems to be a little better, more settings to fit typing styles, and the neon theme looks pretty cool:).

How do you install a new keyboard over the default stock one?

CynicX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Just download from the app store the keyboard of your choice then settings > input and select the new input method....

That's the same way you would add and modify any input method like wii controllers, game controllers etc etc

Reactions: Mushkie11

808phoneaddict

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
also, if you turn off auto correct in settings > language then uncheck auto correct, which doesn't stop auto correcting lol, then there's less of a lag...I think the lag when in landscape mode is a bug that's been reported..

Galaxy Nexus in the house via Tapatalk!!!

Reactions: Corban227

Corban227

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Hmm if its a bug I think I might just wait it out. I don't mind this keyboard, its just the lag can be distracting. About how fast does android update?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus