Well, it happened - managed to take out a small plastic chunk

dimachka

May 20, 2010
Visit site
how exactly does one manage to drop their cell phone onto asphalt? I'm not trying to be mean or anything, just an honest question. I don't think i've ever dropped my phone. Is this something that happens from letting your kids play with your phone or something?

kalexan9

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
how exactly does one manage to drop their cell phone onto asphalt? I'm not trying to be mean or anything, just an honest question. I don't think i've ever dropped my phone. Is this something that happens from letting your kids play with your phone or something?
Really dude???

How does one trip and fall?
How does one manage to get in a car accident?
How does one end up getting a flat tire?
How does one accidentally spill a glass of milk?
How does one manage to bump into someone on a crowded train?
How does a quarterback manage to overthrow a wide open receiver?
How does someone delete the wrong email?
How does one wake up late for work?
How does someone lock their keys in the car?
How does someone push the wrong button?
How can a woman break a fingernail?
How does one get cancer?
How does the power go out in a storm?
How come I don't get a cell signal?
How exactly does one manage to drop their cell phone onto asphalt???????????????????

Last edited:

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

Are you kidding me? You really can't figure out how something like this can happen? That is just pathetic.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Reactions: techno_techie

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
In the leather case, asphalt, chunk of plastic out. I'm glad the screen didn't crack. But a sad day. Sorry if this counts as a spam thread.

Sorry to hear about your phone. When those types of things happen to my phones it just drives me nuts. All I end up seeing are the blemishes and scratches. :(

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

jpprice

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site

It's a little thing called gravity. It's quite easy actually. You pull phone out your pocket and because its slippery it slips out of your hand and gravity takes over. No matter how careful I am, I have dropped every phone that I have had on the asphalt at least a couple times each.

Jet300

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site

Really? Its called beng human. I have dropped my GN twice so far. Luckily both times I had the case on and there was no damage. This booger is slippery. I could not imagine using it without a case. I would ruin it in no time.

Sorry to hear about yours. Can a case cover up the damage?

dimachka

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Really dude???

How does one trip and fall?
How does one manage to get in a car accident?
How does one end up getting a flat tire?
How does one accidentally spill a glass of milk?
How does one manage to bump into someone on a crowded train?
How does a quarterback manage to overthrow a wide open receiver?
How does someone delete the wrong email?
How does one wake up late for work?
How does someone lock their keys in the car?
How does someone push the wrong button?
How can a woman break a fingernail?
How does one get cancer?
How does the power go out in a storm?
How come I don't get a cell signal?
How exactly does one manage to drop their cell phone onto asphalt???????????????????

I'm highly confused about this. I guess it makes sense if you trip and fall while holding your phone. But I don't see the connection between any of the other things you said and dropping something you are holding. I guess this was just the wrong thread to ask about this. If I know how this happens I can make sure it doesn't happen to me in the future.

I guess the only conclusion I can draw from this thread is a sub population of android users are clumsy and also rude about people asking them to give details.

Edit: I'm very sorry to the OP for having this happen to their phone. I can imagine it is a terrible feeling. I was just trying to gain understanding of the way this happens as I've never experienced it.

Last edited:

Wiggy0211

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
How it happened to me Friday:
Placed phone on lap "temporarily" while driving.... forgot it was on lap... exited vehicle and watched phone launch off lap (in slow motion) and hit asphalt :'(
Didn't have case yet because asked for one for Christmas. Sucks cause the plastic chips and scratches pretty easily. Bottom right corner took the brunt of it. She will never be naked again!

dimachka

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Placed phone on lap "temporarily" while driving.... forgot it was on lap... exited vehicle and watched phone launch off lap (in slow motion) and hit asphalt :'(
Didn't have case yet because asked for one for Christmas. Sucks cause the plastic chips and scratches pretty easily. Bottom right corner took the brunt of it. She will never be naked again!

Thank you very much for giving details. Sorry about the minor damage you got, hopefully a case can cover it up!

kalexan9

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Exact same thing happened to me 2 years ago after getting my new Droid Incredible. After that I vowed to never go naked again. It is a sick feeling that quickly takes away the new phone joy.

ohiomoto

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
Dropped a perfectly good Fascinate a couple of weeks ago. Set it on my tablet which was in a sleeve and went to pick it up and didn't quite hold the phone down like I intended. It slipped off of the of the cover and shattered the class and display. Luckily I was able to find a replacement for only $60. If that happens to my Galaxy Nexus I would die. A replacement screen for the Fascinate is $120 so I figure a GN screen will cost at least twice that.

Spacemaker24

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
It all comes down to being careful and paying attention. Every time I have dropped my phone it's because of my own stupidity/carelessness/drunkenness.

techno_techie

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Driving - phone was in the case. Phone fell to the side. No problem. Got to the destination, cautiously opened the door. Reached back for phone, grabbed it, but oh! not a good handle on it. Watched phone fall, slightly hitting one corner. Thought there wouldn't be a problem - case almost encloses phone entirely. Picked it up, saw through small gap that a small plastic chink was taken out near the rim next to the glass. I had been so damn careful. Time to put insurance on it knowing my luck. I thought to retort to the first reply, but I figured peeps got my back. I'm so accident prone when it comes to.things I make a concerted effort to keep spiffy. Damn you, Murphy...damn you...

Thanks for letting me vent, peeps. Realizing still awesome phone that I just personalized. I figured when the next upgrade comes in November, I can just get another, lol, since I added the dummy line.

Josh515

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Dropped a perfectly good Fascinate a couple of weeks ago. Set it on my tablet which was in a sleeve and went to pick it up and didn't quite hold the phone down like I intended. It slipped off of the of the cover and shattered the class and display. Luckily I was able to find a replacement for only $60. If that happens to my Galaxy Nexus I would die. A replacement screen for the Fascinate is $120 so I figure a GN screen will cost at least twice that.

Do you know if I were to buy insurance from Verizon, would they just fix my phone or could I have them just replace my screen? (After the $100 deductable of course)

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty