anyone recently notice a bad battery life?

ryangeno

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
In the past few weeks i noticed that i cant make it through the day without charging.. this wasnt the case when i first got it...battery usuage shows 25-30% for android os.. anyone else having this issue ?

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Download an app like system panel that will show you what apps you have running or if you haven't restart your phone that might fix the app that causing your battery problems.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Have you checked to see what is running on your phone? I have gotten better battery life after a few charges.
Now with moderate use I get anywhere from 16 to 18 hrs.,with light use more then that ,,,,lightest use I ever had I got over 24 hrs .

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

nextmill

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
1) Make sure your Word for Friends isn't set to check every 5 minutes
2) Upgrade to v4.04, it makes a HUGE DIFFERENCE
3) Run on WIFI instead of 4G during the day if possible, its much kinder to the battery life

Using WIFI + v4.04 I can go 40-48 hours on a Charge!!! I'm at 75% battery life left with 12 hours on battery so far (20 minutes of voice talk, lots of data stuff).

ryangeno

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Hey thanks for all the tips... I finally figured it out... I downloaded avast and ran the virus scan... It identified Brightest Flashlight Free by goldenshores tech as malware... It's in the market with tons of positive feedback.. Has to be bogus... I got rid it and now have 50% battery after work where I used to have to charge on my way home... my android os battery usage is at around have of what it was too.

If you have that app, get rid of it!

Reactions: NotJustAPhone

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer