Nova Launcher help

md308

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I got Nova before I was rooted so I lost the widget preview in the app drawer. I have since rooted and flashed 4.0.4. Beta14 for Nova says the widget preview should work with root now, but the option for it in Nova settings is still grayed out for me.
I searched XDA forums and saw someone else had the same issue, but no one offered any help. Any suggestions what I need to do?

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
You could this:

Uninstall/delete your current Nova (first set your launcher back to the default launcher)
Download the NovaLauncherUpdate.zip from the xda Nova page (in the first post)
Flash the NovaLauncherUpdate.zip like you would flash a kernel (from reboot recovery, just clear cache and dalvik first...NOT a data wipe)
After rebooting and selecting Nova as your new default, go into Nova and tell it to update.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Or go into data apps move nova to system apps then reboot this is using root explorer

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk

md308

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Or go into data apps move nova to system apps then reboot this is using root explorer

I tried this route, but get an error that I cannot paste to system/app because it is read only...

md308

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
You could this:

Uninstall/delete your current Nova (first set your launcher back to the default launcher)
Download the NovaLauncherUpdate.zip from the xda Nova page (in the first post)
Flash the NovaLauncherUpdate.zip like you would flash a kernel (from reboot recovery, just clear cache and dalvik first...NOT a data wipe)
After rebooting and selecting Nova as your new default, go into Nova and tell it to update.

This worked, just have to reconfigure everything in Nova again now.
Thanks to you both for the help.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
U know right after u set up go into nova settings and back it up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87