2nd Overnite Dead Battery - Keep Awake?

jcarson13

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Second time I've found a completely dead battery overnight in 2 weeks.

This time, I checked the battery info when I plugged the phone into the charger.
Rapid drop in battery level at some point according to screenshot.
Cell Standby - 15% No Signal
Long "Keep Awake" times (20-40 mins) for Android OS, MediaServer and Music

Screenshot_2012-03-05-07-20-40.png

willstilson

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Your phone lost signal and spent the rest of its battery trying to regain it. This is indicated by the red area to at the right end of the "Mobile network signal" bar under the graph. Notice that the time the signal went red (no signal) correlates to the time battery started its dramatic decline.

I created a thread on this, linked below. I've tried all radio combinations and sim replacement. None of that helped. Finally, I had Verizon send me a replacement device, and it has not dropped signal once since I received it last Thursday. I advise you to have your device replaced immediately.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...-request-those-you-without-signal-issues.html

pimfram

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
This actually happened to me this morning. Did some browsing on my way to work (I carpool, so I can do this without dying) and when I checked my phone 2 hours later, it had dropped 40%. Had to reboot to get a signal. Finally going to get a replacement this weekend, have had problems with random signal dropping, but this is a lot worse than that.

thebignewt

May 11, 2010
Visit site
Plug the thing in at night like the rest of us, or move to a place with a better signal. Better yet turn on Wifi and you don't need any signal but that.

pimfram

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Plug the thing in at night like the rest of us, or move to a place with a better signal. Better yet turn on Wifi and you don't need any signal but that.

It's not that it loses data, it loses all signal -- LTE and CDMA. I had my data toggled off and my battery still got raped.

willstilson

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site

That's not a solution. This has happened to my phone overnight, and during the day. It is unacceptable and shouldn't need me to solve it by enabling wifi or anything like that. I could understand if I was in a dead zone but that isn't the case. If sitting in one spot overnight the phone should be able to, at least, hold on to the signal it has, or drop to 3G, or even 1X. The fact that it just drops totally and drains the battery is a sign of an issue.

I believed that it was a software issue, plaguing all the phones in the field. I believed that the folks claiming that they had no issues were probably just unaware of the issue, or being apologetic due to fanboy-ism. Now that I've gotten a replacement, I'm in the "bad batch" camp. I definitely suggest getting any device experiencing a similar issue replaced.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez