LTE MicroSIM

smccloud

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Does the Galaxy Nexus come with a MicroSIM in the box or do you have to get one from a Verizon store? The reason I ask is I won one from Samsung Mobile USA and I want to make sure I can use LTE on the day I get it (although if I have to go to a store I'm guessing I have to have the phone to get a MicroSIM).

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Yes the Verizon GN comes with a MicroSIM ready to use LTE out the box but you will have to call Verizon for activation. Don't try to activate your self it is fully automated and triggered on their end.

EDIT: Ok by the above poster some don't mine did but I didn't get mine straight from Samsung.

smccloud

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Your going to have to go to the store to get it...they do not come in the box.

Thats what I thought. Do I have to have the phone on my line first?

Also, what is the chance I'll lose my grandfathered unlimited data when I swap it onto my line?

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Thats what I thought. Do I have to have the phone on my line first?

Also, what is the chance I'll lose my grandfathered unlimited data when I swap it onto my line?

None. You won't lose your unlimited data (I didn't when I bought my Bionic off of Ebay, and when I recently used my contract upgrade on the Gnex about 2 weeks ago).

smccloud

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Think I should just charge up the phone during my guitar lesson Wednesday and then go to the Verizon store and make them do the swap for me? Or should I call in to swap the phone once I get home since I don't really have time to do it between when I get home and when I have to leave for my lesson.

talltubatom

Dec 4, 2009
Visit site
Does the SIM that fits in the Nexus also fit in the Razr? I am thinking about buying a Razr used and want to be able to swap the sim between devices.

Also I am buying the Razr used so can I be sure I won't get burned with a stolen device or something?

TheAssailant

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
Standard SIM, LTE... I don't see why not, it should work without an issue as the SIM holds all your LTE subscriber info needed to connect. All you need is a certified Verizon LTE phone.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

superjamz

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Does the SIM that fits in the Nexus also fit in the Razr? I am thinking about buying a Razr used and want to be able to swap the sim between devices.

Also I am buying the Razr used so can I be sure I won't get burned with a stolen device or something?

The sim from the Nexus will fit with the Razr without a problem. I traded my Razr(MAXX) for a Nexus and the Sim works perfectly in the Samsung.