Power cycling/rebooting

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
The 1st week I had my Nexus it didn't reboot at all. Now it reboots 2-3 times a day (my 2nd week with the phone). Verizon had no suggestions except to call Google. Their number is 650-253-0000. I'm going to call them today and I'll report back to this thread what Google has to say.

I asked Verizon why they aren't updating us to 4.0.4 which seems to be the fix and the rep said Google is 100% responsible for Nexus updates. Google's hours are 8-5 Pacific time so I'll answer in a few hours.

dcastillo

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if its a coincidence, but my rebooting has gotten worse in the past few weeks... sometimes a few times everyday....

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
While I will agree that 4.0.2 is buggy it still may as well be an app. I am on 4.0.4 and have had less issues even with AOKP rom installed. Google will probably tell you to do a full device reset and see if it persists if it stops rebooting then yay it was an app now you can pinpoint it. If not then you might want to consider rooting to 4.0.4 since the OTA will take forever.

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
i just got my 4.04 ota yesterday my friend got it to tried to update my other friends nexus and i could not get the ota i wounder if google is doing another round of testing before a massive roll out.

dcastillo

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Haven't loaded much recently...
Let's see...
BBT
Glympse, uninstalled now
Flip board
I have updated a few which is harder to remember though
Draw something

That's all I can remember atm

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I have all the same apps on my Nexus that was on my Rezound. My Rezound never once rebooted. So I'm not convinced it is an app issue.

Downwind

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
I've had the exact same experience as some of you folks. No problems for the first few months and now daily reboots. I just added Flipboard so maybe that's the issue. I also switched to Nova launcher from Go. I had no problems with Go.

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I was running stock Gingerbread.

So I called Google, and they don't assist people via phone. All questions have to go through support.google.com

I'm sick of the reboots. If it is an app, I don't feel like spending the time deleting one by one daily to see which one it is, if any. I guess I'll just impatiently wait for the 4.0.4 update.

Screw you Google.

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
+1. My GNEX was always proper and snappy stock. It's a ridiculous super phone now:cool:

That said...shame to see others not having the same experience.

I've had my Nexus for 2 weeks. Week 1 I had no reboots. Week 2 I got them every day. I'm wondering if it could be an app? I have been running Apex Launcher since day 1. It seems nobody on 4.0.4 has rebooting issues.

tobybul

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
My Nexus was locking up and power cycling today. Its been acting funny since I download a mobile security app called Lookout. I was able to uninstall the app and the problem went away. Based on this I believe Lookout either has a compatibility problem with the Nexus or it really does not work well with it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty