3 Clicks, and I'm on 4.0.4

xyzlene

Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
I believe you dude. Though it's also possible that you were getting it pushed anyway and it was just a coincidence. I'm still gonna keep trying though. I'm heading to Portland for vacation next week and I think its time to switch back to the GNex for Navigation but I want the update first.

hear ya, but i was clicking away like everyone else for the past two days... came across this trick on xda...

but.. if you have a 3g device i highly advise that you reactivate it, assuming it has a good gps...

i drove from nyc to detroit this past weekend and even the droid x was struggling with nav signal... force closed 3 times.. Especially if your heading into the boondocks DO NOT take the gnex unless you have the new update...

I was in northern mass and it took ages for my gnex to lock.... hence the droid x for the prior trip...

Gnex is great, but when travelling i will always bring the X as back up...Now that i have the update im curious to see how well nav willl hold up..

good luck with your trip. enjoy!

Last edited:

xyzlene

Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
What does that have to do with this post?

Sent from the great city of Rockford Illinois-not

trying to give advice on his trip if you read this entire thread... even though we have 4.0.4... I'm still lleary with the gps,,,,

getting lost in a unfamiliar area is not fun.

bhcohen7

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I understand the frustration by those who didn't get the download to work for them by following the instructions of the OP. I would've been frustrated if it didn't work for me, too

But, I don't appreciate being referred to as a troll when I posted that it worked me just because I don't have many posts on this message board. I would post the screen shot of my proof by those requesting it, if I knew how to attach it to this message. But, I'm not that tech savvy.

The sarcasm by some on this board is not appreciated.

Reactions: Erckul and xyzlene

steve dave

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
holy crap. I didn't believe it after I tried over 30 times earlier this evening. I just tried it a few more times and it actually worked. I did it over wifi, FYI.

maineultraclassic

May 22, 2012
Visit site
Since I had nothing better to do, I gave this a shot................and GOD DAMN IT WORKED!!!!

On my 7th or 8th time doing it, it started downloading the update and is installing it now.

I've been doing this since Wednesday, but only 1 time each. It's funny that numerous times doing it forces the update.

Steve

Reactions: xyzlene