Terrible Bluetooth sound quality since 4.1 & 4.0.4

fonzman78

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Re: Terrible Bluetooth sound quality since 4.0.4

I had terrible BT problems with the ICS 4.04 update. I have a Kenwood BT ready car stereo. Prior to my Nexus, I had a Blackberry Storm 2 with no problems having people hear me over the car mic. Since going with the Nexus, I've had problems with clarity using my car speakers over BT. I had to speak loudly and repeat myself several times. It was so bad that I had to switch to phone speaker so I could be heard. It appeared to get worse with 4.04.

Last month I finally rolled the dice and unlocked my phone (which was a huge step for me) so that I could get JB. I didn't want to wait months for the Verizon release. Since updating to JB, I slowly realized that my BT was vastly improved. I say slowly because when using BT in my car, I slowly noticed that I didn't need to speak loudly any more and that people could hear me just fine. I actually asked a caller if they had problems hearing me and they said I sounded real clear. So, for me, BT has greatly improved since going to JB.

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site

fronz, thanks for this update. hopefully by November 2013 when VZW finally releases the jelly bean, the 3 functioning SGNs by then will benefit by it.

vivek615

May 8, 2012
Visit site

fronz, thanks for this update. hopefully by November 2013 when VZW finally releases the jelly bean, the 3 functioning SGNs by then will benefit by it.

I see we have an optimist in our midst .... ;-)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

vivek615

May 8, 2012
Visit site

who said it was rare. it's shared by many. but seems to be only VZW SGN stock phones.

here's another thread about this. and there are other threads with similar subject. this issue is widespread...
http://androidforums.com/samsung-ga...le-bluetooth-sound-quality-since-4-0-4-a.html

Well the issue seems real,but again it's clearly not affecting a large number of devices

Almost everyone using this device was on your radios since the update until the end of last month where some users switched to the jellybean radios (which nobody with the problem seems to see as having fixed the issue at all right?)

So nearly everyone with this phone is using the radio software that this issue occurs with... and Bluetooth is fairly widely used...

Yet only a handful of people have noted issues... it's enough to prove it exists but it is frustrating because indicates its a defect that seems inconsistent

rufflez

Banned
Jan 5, 2010
Visit site

Well the issue seems real,but again it's clearly not affecting a large number of devices

Almost everyone using this device was on your radios since the update until the end of last month where some users switched to the jellybean radios (which nobody with the problem seems to see as having fixed the issue at all right?)

So nearly everyone with this phone is using the radio software that this issue occurs with... and Bluetooth is fairly widely used...

Yet only a handful of people have noted issues... it's enough to prove it exists but it is frustrating because indicates its a defect that seems inconsistent

Its a genuine problem, and I've found a simple fix. I've described the process several times over and over. Its a matter of switching the radios to an older version. Data switchoffs still work perfectly. It works with either 4.0.4 or 4.1.

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site

the issue affects all VZW SGN with 4.0.4 period.
now those who have decided to take the updates into their hands are a different matter. but the issue is as widespread as it can get in regard to this phone.

rufflez

Banned
Jan 5, 2010
Visit site

now those who have decided to take the updates into their hands are a different matter. but the issue is as widespread as it can get in regard to this phone.

It does not affect ALL, quit your bull. If it affected ALL, it would get much more publicity than 2 small threads on here with mainly you complaining.

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site

ruff, is there a reason that you are posting in my thread. you offer no solution, you are overtly negative. you seem to be instigating an argument and flaming. I want you to stop posting in my thread.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

Let's take it easy here. No need to escalate things past civil discourse.

vivek615

May 8, 2012
Visit site

This is simply not true.... and if that's what you've been telling Verizon they will know you're wrong as soon ad they test a phone

If this affected all phones then why are so many users having no problem at all with this issue ?

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site

This is simply not true....

the 4.0.4. BT radio is the problem here, not individual phones. The issue has been spotted on CDMA VZW phones. If you had a stock VZW SGN 4.0.4. you have this problem. The issue is hard to detect and can't be spoted by routine testing. Because BT works and it actually works OK on 50% of all calls. I have explained this above, feel free to scroll back or click http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...ound-quality-since-4-0-4-a-4.html#post2151637

dqdude

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site

I don't post much here...more of a lurker.

I have had nothing but problems with my bt since the update to 4.0.4. I'm suspect that there are a lot of people out there...like me...that don't really post much but are having the same issue. Prior to 4.0.4 my bt was fine. Now...it is practically useless.

I haven't switched radios or went to JB because I am just not ready to take the plunge. I am impatiently waiting to the ota update to JB.

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site

I have had nothing but problems with my bt since the update to 4.0.4. I'm suspect that there are a lot of people out there...like me...that don't really post much but are having the same issue. Prior to 4.0.4 my bt was fine. Now...it is practically useless.

I haven't switched radios or went to JB because I am just not ready to take the plunge. I am impatiently waiting to the ota update to JB.

Thank you!

vivek615

May 8, 2012
Visit site

the 4.0.4. BT radio is the problem here, not individual phones. The issue has been spotted on CDMA VZW phones. If you had a stock VZW SGN 4.0.4. you have this problem. The issue is hard to detect and can't be spoted by routine testing. Because BT works and it actually works OK on 50% of all calls. I have explained this above, feel free to scroll back or click http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...ound-quality-since-4-0-4-a-4.html#post2151637

Shiva I have read everything you've posted on this actually.... We all have been using the stock radios... another guy with your issue posted that the newest radios don't fix the issue right?

Well those newest radios that came just a few weeks ago are the basically ONLY other radios that anyone is using meaning that according to you all Verizon galaxy nexus phones have this issue

(,except for the miniscule number who never updated)

This is NOT the case...

You know there are tons of BT users online saying it works fine...

You are damaging your own credibility with Verizon by saying there is a defect everyone has but only a handful of people can detect, which is not good because they and Samsung need to be aware of a real issue with our devices...

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site

I don't get the relevancy of your post.

Well those newest radios that came just a few weeks ago
who is talking about newest radios? what does this have to do with stock unrooted unmessed with SGN with 4.0.4?

only a handful of people can detect
where you do get this?

You know there are tons of BT users online saying it works fine...
and where do you get this?

I don't see how your post has to do with fully stock, SGNs? and how do you make such statements? Do you work for Verizon?

vivek615

May 8, 2012
Visit site

Not sure what to tell you. My Bluetooth quality is great. Then again I'm using a $130 Bluetooth so it better be great.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Clear everything you have paired and pair them again. That's where I would start, but you've likely done that. Any updates available for the headphones in terms of firmware? I haven't had an issue with BT audio on 4.0.4. Use it every day.

I use BT audio every day and since 4.0.4 I haven't experienced any problems. But then again I'm only using it in my car... No headsets to test. Maybe something went screwy in your update that's giving you the problems?

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Android Central Forums

Okay? Or do you need more? From your own topic

vivek615

May 8, 2012
Visit site

I don't get the relevancy of your post.

who is talking about newest radios? what does this have to do with stock unrooted unmessed with SGN with 4.0.4?

where you do get this?

and where do you get this?

I don't see how your post has to do with fully stock, SGNs? and how do you make such statements? Do you work for Verizon?

Read the others who complained of your issue... the newest compatible radio that worked were from the unofficial 4.04 build...

Almost nobody is using those radios or older... so according to your claim almost everyone should have issues

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site

Okay? Or do you need more?

is that you whole argument? You are wasting my time. Move on, there is nothing in this thread for you. I don't have the time to keep typing the same replies.

vivek615

May 8, 2012
Visit site

And I certainly don't work for Verizon... you and others clearly have an issue... they screwed you...

I'm making this point for a good reason, do you remember the signal issues people are having?

A lot of people who weren't having issues mistakenly believe that they were.... because they didn't understand the way the phone displays signal....

Because of this... verizon and samsung ignored the devices with genuine issues when they announced their fix and focused on the misunderstanding

When you claim there is a universal issue... and there is not.. then they may assume the issue doesn't exist because your claim is false

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non