Google said GN will get Jelly Bean, do they mean the VZW GN?

elvisgp

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
who knows what is really going to happen. Verizon may have had their hands on this update long before I/O. They might have spent more time preparing the jelly bean update, while preparing the 4.04 update at the same time, perhaps causing the delay for the 4.04 update. But, this is just my hopeful thinking. Verizon, please give us jellybean on time, and I will run into AT&T stores and hold a sign up telling them to switch to verizon. :)

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
who knows what is really going to happen. Verizon may have had their hands on this update long before I/O. They might have spent more time preparing the jelly bean update, while preparing the 4.04 update at the same time, perhaps causing the delay for the 4.04 update. But, this is just my hopeful thinking. Verizon, please give us jellybean on time, and I will run into AT&T stores and hold a sign up telling them to switch to verizon. :)

Lol I can tell you (sadly) that this is definitely not the case... They will get it for testing mid July, and hopefully for you guys they will push it in 2-3 months.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

kalexan9

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Yes, but the people who choose to wait get jealous and angry when they see others benefitting from a different choice--even though those who choose to wait know the consequences of both choices.
Absolutely NOT true. Non-rooters here have NEVER been "jealous and angry" at rooters and what they choose to do with their phones. If rooting your phone makes you happy, well, good for you. Our anger has ALWAYS been directed at Verizon. Why would I be "jealous and angry" when I and others are fully capable of doing the same thing? I can root my phone, but I choose not to. The only "anger" on this board is non-rooters being angry at Verizon for slow updates, and rooters who get angry because we are angry.....it's the circle of life around here. Get it right. :)

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
If you want the benefits of a warranty then you don't get the benefits of fast updates on Verizon. This is an easy to find out fact before you ever shop with Verizon. It is also in general a good idea to research all the elements about a contract before signing one.

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Absolutely NOT true. Non-rooters here have NEVER been "jealous and angry" at rooters and what they choose to do with their phones.

If people who root and ROM their phones are being called elitists by some who don't, there is absolutely some anger directed at the root crowd. There would be no reason for such insults if no such anger existed towards them.

Channan

Keyboard Warrior
Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
I thought 4.0.4 only took forever because it came bundled with new radios and Verizon had to approve it. If 4.1 doesn't come with new radios, does Verizon still have to test and approve the update?

Touchpaddle

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure Verizon will drag their feet on getting this update out to us.

DROID RAZR MAXXimum

I just thought of it from another angle. If I were running Verizon, why would I want to
let the Galaxy Nexus get the Jelly Bean update when my newest phone, the Galaxy S III
will not even have it? Who is going to buy the Galaxy S III if the Galaxy Nexus is
already running Jelly Bean?

Isamu982

May 22, 2012
Visit site
They have a link for the yakju or whatever its called on xda so hopefully a cdma version isn't far away

FXOjafar

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Here is one reason why it is worth shelling out for an unlocked phone. You get the freedom you deserve rather than being locked down and held to ransom by your provider.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I thought 4.0.4 only took forever because it came bundled with new radios and Verizon had to approve it. If 4.1 doesn't come with new radios, does Verizon still have to test and approve the update?

Yes, though perhaps less time testing, but still time.

Also in response to someone (forgot who) asking about if the update will fix your mic issues... NO. You have a faulty unit, and you need to exchange it for a new one. Sorry, but that's the case.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I just thought of it from another angle. If I were running Verizon, why would I want to
let the Galaxy Nexus get the Jelly Bean update when my newest phone, the Galaxy S III
will not even have it? Who is going to buy the Galaxy S III if the Galaxy Nexus is
already running Jelly Bean?

One simple reason. The Galaxy is a pure Google Android OS. The Galaxy S III is TouchWiz.

Reactions: dmmarck

_JKK_

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Officially? Of course. Unofficially? Of course.

One will simply be a much shorter wait than the other.

In fact, I'm betting it's only a matter of hours until we get it unofficially through the collective brilliance of the mod community.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
That would be amazing! Hopefully aopk incorporates this in the next build

We'll keep you guys posted, have no fear.

And if anyone's reading and clicks that link, for the love of all that is holy do not flash it. It's not for your device :).

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Please don't misquote me to prove an incorrect point.

Maybe you need to not generalize.

What you said:

"It's been at least a month since rooted Nexus users have been able to feel Elite compared to stock Nexus users"

The tone of that statement is not exactly friendly. Don't act like you weren't painting with a broad brush.

Irvgotti

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Vzw getting it out asap would be great for us. They don't realize what consumers want. But those who aren't rooted, I'd do it. Its not hard. I watched a YouTube video and it took 10minutes.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
That would be amazing! Hopefully aopk incorporates this in the next build

They will not, lol.. AOKP only builds using source code.

Not to say someone else might not try to throw something together.. who knows... but most of the more official ROMs out there use source code only, so you won't see any official JB builds until the source is out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa