Android Phone to Car

svfd757

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
Okay, I need some help. Is there a way to attach my Nexus or my wife's RAZR to her car through the 3.5mm jack? I know it plays audio and she can even use her phone hands free with it. The question she has is that there is a phone icon on her stereo. When I press this button with the 3.5mm jack plugged in, the radio does not detect her phone. I assume I need to attach the phone with a micro usb to 3.5mm jack dongle. Does anyone know if this will work?

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Don't hit the phone icon. There should be an AUX option. That is going to be the 3.5mm stream. Atleast that is how it is on my car radio.

drmaf894c

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
What kind of system is she trying to connect to? Usually the phone key is to connect for a call not media. In my explorer with sync you have to first set up/connect your phone and then it will do everything via bluetooth play media and calls etc. In the stereo media menu you should be able to select which input you want either bluetooth or aux line in. For the 3.5 jack likely it will be a line in option. If you have the car manual usually it will walk you through or if it is after market consult the user manual for the stereo.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Android Central Forums

svfd757

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
What kind of system is she trying to connect to? Usually the phone key is to connect for a call not media. In my explorer with sync you have to first set up/connect your phone and then it will do everything via bluetooth play media and calls etc. In the stereo media menu you should be able to select which input you want either bluetooth or aux line in. For the 3.5 jack likely it will be a line in option. If you have the car manual usually it will walk you through or if it is after market consult the user manual for the stereo.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Android Central Forums

It's her stock stereo in her fusion. It does not have blue tooth but I cannot figure out why it has the phone icon

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus by way of Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87