WiFi & USB Tether without Root

smokie11

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I am a new Nexus owner just changed from a Fascinate I remain very pleased with. The Fascinate could not achieve wireless nor USB tether without rooting, so I did. The Nexus I am very pleased to find have no such requirements. I can USB tether to my laptop with EasyTether app, I prefer in this case the usb tether because it keeps the phone's battery charged.

I also have an Acer tablet and I use FoxFi app. to wireless tether from my phone, very convenient. I realize that most people that root do so because they want to, but not all; some do so because they believe it is the only way to tether. Perhaps this all has been already discussed, I thought it was worthwhile to let those that do not prefer to root know that they don't have to in order to tether.

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
There is already a thread talking about this...not sure if you realized it or not.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

smokie11

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I suspected as much, yet when I sought the information I failed to find it. Anyway if anyone should find themselves in my position the thread title and information provided is concise and exactly to the point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa