Gnex Power Button Died... Fixes??

bobthebob

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
So - Google search found widespread complaints of this issue but NO viable solutions.

My power button is dead - actually it works maybe 1 out of 1000 times I press it... maybe... for now.

obviously not a viable situation.

I cannot use the power button to put the phone to sleep, wake it up, or turn it on or off... HOWEVER - because I am running a custom ROM I was able to enable the "Volume Wake Lock" feature, which gets me out of a jam as far as regular use goes... AND it proves that the problem IS the power button ITSELF (as in - a hardware issue).

BUT what happens when my phone gets switched off for some reason? it will happen eventually - I do run out of juice sometimes at work and often there is no option to charge my phone on the job...

anyway - I found some disassembly vids on YouTube but although I'm quite technically savvy, I'm not exactly sure how to go about troubleshooting and repairing this problem.

has anyone else had any luck fixing this problem?

or is there any way to map the power key over to the volume key for turning the phone on? rebooting and restarting are no problem but turning on is a real problem.

--------------------------

Apparently this is a very very common problem - I've had this phone for just 6 months and I'm seriously pissed off that this has happened - in addition, Asurion (VZ's insurance/warrantee center) WON'T warrantee it because the little sticker is red and that means that it has "been exposed to water" - which is utter bull .

the customer service rep responded to my statement that this phone had NEVER been in the water with the question "well didn't you ever go outside with it in your pocket when it was raining out?"

so - heads up people, if you want to not void your warrantee better leave your phone at home if it's raining or else put it in a ziplock bag.

familia5az

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Your same issue is identical to what just happened to me. I took it to Verizon and they sent me a CLN priority. I did go running when it was raining out the day before. I had it in my Ottrrbox and noticed some water inside case. I pulled battery and the Water indicator still had the same red x's. To confirm the red x' s where normal I got my original STD battery and it had red x's on it too. Maybe it was water but maybe not. Go to Verizon and maybe they will replace it. Good luck.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress