Not charging while powered on?

Jaredshoes

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
My phone won't charge at all while its turned on I've tried different cables different bricks and have plugged it into my computer but still no go. But, when I turn it off it apparently is charging..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Jaredshoes

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Okay so I did a battery pull and when I booted up it was at 54% when I did the pull it was at 10% also notice how it says "not charging" instead of discharging and notice the sudden drop and then rise
zudu6a5a.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

CarbonOak

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
I've just started having this charging issue too, when previously the past 12 months I haven't. It only charges when it's off. And when it's on, the battery drains like crazy when previously I've had no problems.

only1canoli

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I had the same thing, I think it's a hardware issue. Lucky mine was still under warranty

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

hh72385

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Same issue here but has since went away. Mine started acting up when I got some water in the charging port. Once the water dried away I guess, it started working fine again.

CarbonOak

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
I read around that the usb pin inside the charging port can be bent the wrong way. Use a toothpick to bend that pin more towards the screen and you should be good to go. I don't know how that makes it work technically, but it worked for me. Phone is now charging while on, and says "Charging (USB)" when I have it plugged in.

ViefeFie

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Many thanks guys!!! the last one worked fine for me... just a little push the inside pin (the one with the cupper contacts) with a plastic stick and carefully. It actually works as it did till yesterday night, thanks again community, it was a great headache for many hours (I was even searching for replacement parts and reading workarounds even worst).
Regards.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It would help if you gave a lot more details, like which phone, and what exactly is happening. Keep in mind that you're posting in a really really old thread (almost 7 years old), you quoted a really old post (6 years old), and this forum is for the ancient original Galaxy Nexus.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer