New guy questions

Hot94Z28

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Just got my galaxy nexus and new to jellybean. One how do you add the control panel to the pull down? Also nice phone so far I'm sure I will have more questions as first time with no skins and seems real smooth. Any good widgets let me know this is my play phone as my DD is a iPhone 5 but sure will be using this a lot.
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

dajobo

May 19, 2011
Visit site
You don't. The quick settings are a part of android 4.2, which we do not have yet.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Just got my galaxy nexus and new to jellybean. One how do you add the control panel to the pull down? Also nice phone so far I'm sure I will have more questions as first time with no skins and seems real smooth. Any good widgets let me know this is my play phone as my DD is a iPhone 5 but sure will be using this a lot.

We do not have that version of JB yet. We are still waiting for our protectors at VZW to approve it for our use:rolleyes:

Sent

Hot94Z28

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Really I would like that feature. So far phone is nice being nexus will be nice to get the updates first well sooner than other Android phones on Verizon.

Hot94Z28

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
So I bought that extended battery and can't make it through the day? I let it run all the way down today don't have many all apps is battery life really bad on this thing? What is normal usage on this thing?

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
So I bought that extended battery and can't make it through the day? I let it run all the way down today don't have many all apps is battery life really bad on this thing? What is normal usage on this thing?

As Mellimel22 said, get power toggles. Use them. You don't need BT/GPS etc on all day long. I set my screen to auto brightness, I'll recommend that for you as well. If you can do with low/minimum brightness go ahead and do that. If you're still having problems you should either try using a different kernal like leankernal. It seems to me that if none of that works for you, you have a problem with an errant app. Research your apps and see if any of them caused a problem with other users and battery life, then get rid of it.

-Bam

t_kopta

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
Who needs power toggles? Your gnex has a widget for that all except for 3g/4g toggle

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I don't but he does he is still on 4.1 I'm on 4.2
y7eqabam.jpg

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus Rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2

Hot94Z28

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I deleted this widget I put on and will see how that goes. I turn off GPS, and BT. I only have maybe 15 apps on it right now. I just got it Friday. So will see how today goes.

Hot94Z28

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Well issues with using that adapter and went to the store and tried to activate a new mico sim and had issues went home with the new sim but didn't have my nexus activated will try Monday using my iPhone 5 for now.

ConTejas

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Especially seeing at this is a toy for you, I highly suggest you head into the rooting/roms/hacks section, read a few stickies at the top, unlock/root, flash the latest 4.2.1 rom of your choice, and see what a fun lil beast your lte gnex can be;) Not that I wouldn't recommend that to anyone that isn't somehow prohibited. Really see what the Nexus/Android can do. You just may find your iphone collecting some dust:cool:

Hot94Z28

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Depends how much of a pain it is to switch back and forth. Also battery life needs to improve to use the phone as a daily driver. Using the phone with Wi-Fi right now. So far the stock jellybean has been nice.

Hot94Z28

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Reading some of the roms I would like it fast and to save battery seems to use a lot of battery just idle.

Hot94Z28

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Well the SIM card slot decided not to read SIM cards anymore. So contacted the seller on eBay and see what happens have not even got to use the phone for a week.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty