Post Here If You Like 4.2.2 OTA Update and Why,

smokie11

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Please post here if you received 4.2.2 OTA update and like it. Tells us what is new or different that you like. OTA'S updates only please not custom roms. I don't have it yet and after reading about people whining about Verizon being the devil for not releasing updates on time for months the update is finally here and the only threads about it are negative (as usual) so if you found sometime positive to share please do so here. Thank you.

Last edited:

kharrigan

Now using God's Phone
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I run 4.2.2 OTA (rooted). The UI seems more polished.

IMHO, the key difference is that there's a new button in the notification tray that provides shortcuts to setup areas. Other than that, phone performance seems slower... Texts (via Google Voice) and webpages (via Chrome) are definitely slower.

wingwingdroid

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
It is great so far.
I'm not experiencing any of the negative stuff I've read about.
Everything runs much faster and scrolling is still smooth.
I feel like I just received a new phone with a faster processor.
Battery life the same.
I like the new swipe -"like" keyboard.
I'm having a hard time figuring out what all the gripping is about..
.. it's awesome.

Dennis

Laineyc

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I run 4.2.2 OTA (rooted). The UI seems more polished.

IMHO, the key difference is that there's a new button in the notification tray that provides shortcuts to setup areas. Other than that, phone performance seems slower... Texts (via Google Voice) and webpages (via Chrome) are definitely slower.

I don't see the button in the notification tray.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

MalachyNG

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I don't see the button in the notification tray.

It's where the settings button used to be. You can also access quick settings by pulling down the notifications with two fingers.

My phone is running better after 4.2.2

I really like lock screen widgets especially with HD widgets

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

smokie11

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I don't have the update yet, my wife does and she loves the new features added to the camera software mainly the ability to create a 360 degree panoramic picture.

Laineyc

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
It's where the settings button used to be. You can also access quick settings by pulling down the notifications with two fingers.

My phone is running better after 4.2.2

I really like lock screen widgets especially with HD widgets

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Got it-thanks:)

mynock

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
The Good (or at least not bad)...

Still trying to figure out if I like the updates to the notification area (vs normal widgets).

The updated camera features may be nice, but I don't take many panorama shots... So not exactly a big deal for me. Maybe different for others.

I have not gotten the daydreaming feature to work yet... May just not be doing it right.

Almost forgot... I like the lock screen widgets feature.

The Really Really Not Good (or Really Really annoying, not right, and bad)...

My biggest problem, with my Verizon Galaxy Nexus, is that after the OTA update, my Bluetooth will not turn on. Even after shutting the phone down. :-(

Not willing to do a reset at the moment, and the limited info I've found suggests that's not a guaranteed fix anyways.

I have not noticed any power problems, which is a plus.

anon26174

May 24, 2010
Visit site
My phone used to randomly reboot at least two or three times a week with 4.1.1. So far, since installing 4.2.2 early Saturday it hasn't rebooted unintentionally once yet. There's still time, I guess, but it's promising so far. I didn't do a factory reset.

STC09

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
It's okay but didn't add much functionality. It's a little quicker getting to various settings. Wish the lockscreen had battery widgets - BW may have something but I can't update without losing my current setup which I love.

pontiac005

Trusted Member
Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
The only problem I had was my BT stopped working. I deleted the device on my phone, re-added it and did not have a problem after that.

code_joe

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I love the new clock app. Very smooth and includes both a timer and a stop watch. I also like the easy access to settings that has been mentioned here before. I'm not sure if its new but I also like how there is a widget to Google Now. Easier to flip through screens than long pressing home to get Now to show up.

I thought this was suppose to be a thread about what you "like" ... not sure why someone would like not having their Bluetooth working.....

code_joe

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I also Love that when you wipe your phone or move to a new one, the first thing it does after you sign in to your Google account for the first time, is goes and downloads all the apps you previously had.

rbriar

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I haven't noticed anything bad and I am happy that bluetooth hooks up to my car again. 4.1 broke it and I was worried it would stay that way.

Laineyc

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I "found" the notification tray - it's cool. Reception is no worse, I like the new lock screen and ability to add widgets to it. BUT I am not getting any notifications when I get a call. The phone does not ring. I checked my settings, made sure I assigned a ring tone, and I missed a lot of important calls today. The only way I knew I missed them, was the missed call notifications. Anyone else have this problem? and know how to fix it?