How do I improve my signal?

roadrat

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
I've gotten a new phone and new SIM cards and those didn't work.

Do any of the custom ROMs improve the signal?

This phone is frustrating me to no end.

TIA

chubb

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
I've gotten a new phone and new SIM cards and those didn't work.

Do any of the custom ROMs improve the signal?

This phone is frustrating me to no end.

TIA

Get a new phone :p

All kidding aside when I had the Galaxy Nexus the only thing that really made a difference were the new radios I believe that were in the 4.0.4 ota. So as long as your running that not sure what else to tell you. I don't know if the JB ota included updated and better radios though, I'm sure someone else here knows. But I never noticed a difference in radios by just flashing another rom. But even so some have absolutely no luck with the reception on the phone.

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Get a new phone :p

Sadly, this is really the reality. The radios in the phone are the suckiest bunch of suck that has ever sucked. It's a shame, too, because it is an otherwise fantastic device. The only reason I am considering an upgrade when eligible is because of this issue (as it tends to cause the crappy battery performance). And I am in the heart of supposedly awesome Verizon coverage. It makes me unhappy in my pants.

Umass021

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
I sometimes see a low signal but never drop a call and stream video to my phone with no issues. Are you dropping calls or just seeing low signals on the meter bar? Also are you on the newest jb update? They added new radios to it.

Sent from my A500 using Android Central Forums

ZachA

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Your not alone the Signal is terrible on mine as well I have the newest version of Android 4.2.2 and its still bad

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

lowenuf

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone tried installing replacement radio antenna? I've seen that I can buy one online just wondering if aftermarket might be better than VZW.

Last edited:

androidluvr2

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone tried installing replacement radio antenna? I've seen that I can buy one online just wondering if aftermarket might be better than VZW.
Seems like a good idea, but I suspect that the antenna placement may be part of the issue and that would require a redesign.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty