GS3 big upgrade from GNex?

Xterror

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
As I mentioned in a post earlier, my GNex is starting to lag really bad, a factory reset helped for a little while, but then goes back to lagging. I'm in a grandfathered in unlimited data plan so I get my phones used so I don't lose it. I see a lot of gs3 on Craigslist now for a Lil over 200$. Will I see a big difference after rooting and trying to go as close as stock? My other option is to wait and see if another nexus phone will come out for Verizon, lol, good luck with that.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
As I mentioned in a post earlier, my GNex is starting to lag really bad, a factory reset helped for a little while, but then goes back to lagging. I'm in a grandfathered in unlimited data plan so I get my phones used so I don't lose it. I see a lot of gs3 on Craigslist now for a Lil over 200$. Will I see a big difference after rooting and trying to go as close as stock? My other option is to wait and see if another nexus phone will come out for Verizon, lol, good luck with that.

In my opinion, it's barely an upgrade, but being popular it does have a pretty solid development community so you can get it pretty close to the look/feel of what you have, though obviously the button configurations are pretty different.

Have you read the thread about upgrading and keeping unlimited data? They also are financing devices now (down payment, + monthly payment + $2/mo fee) to allow you to upgrade to latest and greatest without renewing a contract.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/verizon/227608-instruction-how-keep-unlimited-data-verizon.html

Xterror

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
I haven't heard that, thank. This is definitely an option for me now.