JellyBeans ROM

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Build 14 is out. I updated the OP. Best bet is to download from the hosted sites on your computer and transfer to your device, the OTA updater is hosed.

Last edited:

JKforUA

May 17, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I downloaded and flashed this ROM tonight (figured I'd give it a try after giving Jedi a try for no other reason than just because I am obsessed with messing around with this phone lol). Everything appeared to install/flash correctly, but when it is reset, it gets hung in the animated intro (the jelly beans falling). Even after 20 min, it still is stuck there. I had flashed back to a stock rooted ROM, wiped dalvik, cache, and wiped data, so I don't know why in the world it's getting hung. Any ideas? Thanks!

I guess I'm gonna have to go back to Jedi tonight...

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I downloaded and flashed this ROM tonight (figured I'd give it a try after giving Jedi a try for no other reason than just because I am obsessed with messing around with this phone lol). Everything appeared to install/flash correctly, but when it is reset, it gets hung in the animated intro (the jelly beans falling). Even after 20 min, it still is stuck there. I had flashed back to a stock rooted ROM, wiped dalvik, cache, and wiped data, so I don't know why in the world it's getting hung. Any ideas? Thanks!

I guess I'm gonna have to go back to Jedi tonight...

Did you do a system wipe? In TWRP recovery, (which I highly recommend) there are 4 options when wiping: cache, dalvik cache, factory reset, system. System wipe deletes the previous ROM, factory reset does not. Also make sure you downloaded a good file, not a corrupt or incomplete file. Let us know how it goes if you give it another shot.

Sent from my SCH-I605

JKforUA

May 17, 2012
Visit site
Did you do a system wipe? In TWRP recovery, (which I highly recommend) there are 4 options when wiping: cache, dalvik cache, factory reset, system. System wipe deletes the previous ROM, factory reset does not. Also make sure you downloaded a good file, not a corrupt or incomplete file. Let us know how it goes if you give it another shot.

Sent from my SCH-I605

Thanks! I think you nailed my issue and I will try how you described. I swear, I am a software engineer and have flashed a number of ROMS on various Android devices, but I still feel like I am such a beginner, ugh! I *think* I used the Factory Reset option with TWRP instead of System wipe, and I guess I ASSuMEd that flashing the stock rooted ROM would get me back to rooted stock (and wipe the ROM I was on). I will let you know how it goes, but it will probably be tonight before I can get to it. Thanks again!

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Thanks! I think you nailed my issue and I will try how you described. I swear, I am a software engineer and have flashed a number of ROMS on various Android devices, but I still feel like I am such a beginner, ugh! I *think* I used the Factory Reset option with TWRP instead of System wipe, and I guess I ASSuMEd that flashing the stock rooted ROM would get me back to rooted stock (and wipe the ROM I was on). I will let you know how it goes, but it will probably be tonight before I can get to it. Thanks again!

My best guess is the system wipe was the issue. You don't need to flash a stock ROM when jumping from one ROM to another. The system wipe usually will take care of everything, in addition to the other 3 wipes. Good luck!

JKforUA

May 17, 2012
Visit site
My best guess is the system wipe was the issue. You don't need to flash a stock ROM when jumping from one ROM to another. The system wipe usually will take care of everything, in addition to the other 3 wipes. Good luck!

I was totally unaware of that (just having to system wipe to switch ROMs). I guess that is from not knowing the difference between Factory Reset and System wipe on TWRP. I just tried what you said (the System wipe was shockingly fast. Is it supposed to take a while?). I reset my phone and the animated Jelly Beans start up screen is still going, so I may have just downloaded a corrupt/incomplete file. Guess I will have to take care of that tonight when I am at home. Does the animated screen take a while the first time after installing the ROM?

Thanks again!

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I was totally unaware of that (just having to system wipe to switch ROMs). I guess that is from not knowing the difference between Factory Reset and System wipe on TWRP. I just tried what you said (the System wipe was shockingly fast. Is it supposed to take a while?). I reset my phone and the animated Jelly Beans start up screen is still going, so I may have just downloaded a corrupt/incomplete file. Guess I will have to take care of that tonight when I am at home. Does the animated screen take a while the first time after installing the ROM?

Thanks again!

Just to be clear, cause I don't want to give you bad info...when switching from one ROM to another ROM, like from CleanROM to JELLYBEANS ROM, you need to wipe all 4 in TWRP:cache, dalvik, factory reset, system. You can't just wipe system and switch ROMs. When flashing a new build of the same ROM you are already running, like going from BEANS Build 13 to build 14, you can simply wipe cache and dalvik cache, then flash the new build. That's what they call a "dirty flash". 99% of the time the dirty flash works going from one version/build to another. Occasionally you may run into issues, but very rarely. You probably know all this, I just wanted to make sure I didn't mess you up!

So back to your flashing :D...the animated boot up screen can take up to 5 minutes or more if this is a new ROM on your device. If you get stuck in the bootloop, you most likely have either a bad ROM file, or messed up in the flashing sequence in TWRP recovery. As long as you are familiar with what you are doing, its not a big deal. You can get back to a previous ROM and start over.

JKforUA

May 17, 2012
Visit site
Just to be clear, cause I don't want to give you bad info...when switching from one ROM to another ROM, like from CleanROM to JELLYBEANS ROM, you need to wipe all 4 in TWRP:cache, dalvik, factory reset, system. You can't just wipe system and switch ROMs. When flashing a new build of the same ROM you are already running, like going from BEANS Build 13 to build 14, you can simply wipe cache and dalvik cache, then flash the new build. That's what they call a "dirty flash". 99% of the time the dirty flash works going from one version/build to another. Occasionally you may run into issues, but very rarely. You probably know all this, I just wanted to make sure I didn't mess you up!

So back to your flashing :D...the animated boot up screen can take up to 5 minutes or more if this is a new ROM on your device. If you get stuck in the bootloop, you most likely have either a bad ROM file, or messed up in the flashing sequence in TWRP recovery. As long as you are familiar with what you are doing, its not a big deal. You can get back to a previous ROM and start over.

Yeah, I understood what you were saying :) I did already know this, which is why I had factory reset and flashed a rooted ROM (can't remember the name of it off the top of my head). I just didn't use the System wipe because I thought the Factory wipe took care of al lof that. And I know what dirty flashing is and have done that a few times (like when I want to try different options for whatever ROM I have.

The animated boot up was taking longer than five minutes (which made me think that I had a bad file...) but it finally booted up! Thank you again so much for your help! Perhaps I am a little too ambitious with this flashing business since I didn't know what the TWRP options truly meant ;)

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Anyone having problems with sd card swap after build 14?It won't let me do sd swap??

I don't use that feature. I know it's an option in Aroma Installer, I assume you picked the swap option in the Aroma process? Maybe check the ROM developer's thread, see if others are having the same issue and if yes, any solutions offered.

dragon718

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
I recently rooted my phone and loaded this rom. Currently on build 13 haven't installed build 14 yet. Ever since my battery has gotten worse Not necessarily bad but not as good as it was not rooted. Any body else having issues with the battery life.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

mobius99

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Ok finally after about the 6 or 7th reflash it did the sd card swap.. Don't know what was up with that..

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

90beater

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
A little late but I have the memory swap and it works great. I had it with 12 and dirty flashed 13 then 14. You do have to make sure you check it during the setup each time (it it unchecked by default). Glad you got it working.

Battery life depends on the kernal you choose. I noticed my battery life is less with the stock beans kernal but how much of that is just me using the phone more I don't know. :)

Disturbed_Angel

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
So just a short 2 weeks after my return to Android on a Note 2, I have decided to root, and would like to flash the Beans Rom. With the current one click option for the Root, that seems pretty easy and straight forward. Where I get a bit fuzzy/can't find directions is how to flash the new Rom once I have root? Do I just drop the file into the Phone memory and use TWRP to flash it? Or do I need a program on my PC to flash it? I tried searching, but was not able to find a real clear answer.

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
So just a short 2 weeks after my return to Android on a Note 2, I have decided to root, and would like to flash the Beans Rom. With the current one click option for the Root, that seems pretty easy and straight forward. Where I get a bit fuzzy/can't find directions is how to flash the new Rom once I have root? Do I just drop the file into the Phone memory and use TWRP to flash it? Or do I need a program on my PC to flash it? I tried searching, but was not able to find a real clear answer.

Once you are unlocked, rooted and have custom recovery, you can place the ROM zip on your phone's internal memory (not sd card). In TWRP recovery wipe cache, dalvik cache, factory reset and system wipe. Flash the ROM zip and reboot.

Sent from my SCH-I605