How "mobile" is the Note 2 ??

RMullen

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I know I would love the Note 2 but am worried about how to carry it around for daily activities. Are you guys using belt clips or in your pants pocket? If pants pocket, can you sit normally with the phone in your pocket or are you pulling it out before sitting?

Kaizmuth

Dec 18, 2009
Visit site
My primary pair of jeans (I have 3 pair) has a pocket on the left thigh that perfectly fits the Note II with a case on it. Probably won't fit once I get the Otterbox, but it'll be in a holster then. It'll fit in a pants pocket just fine.

jodyberry

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I know I would love the Note 2 but am worried about how to carry it around for daily activities. Are you guys using belt clips or in your pants pocket? If pants pocket, can you sit normally with the phone in your pocket or are you pulling it out before sitting?

I got the Seidio Active case and it fits fine in my front left pocket. I wouldn't be comfortable sitting down. But in fact I used to carry my Droid X that way as well and it wasn't the most comfortable sitting down.

BUT, I also got the holster with the Active case. It's huge, but I'll use it mainly when I don't want to carry it in my pocket.

spinalpap

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
It is noticeable in my pants pocket sitting down, but it isn't uncomfortable for me. My jeans and khakis are relaxed fit, so they aren't tight (they aren't baggy either). Plenty of room in the pockets standing up. I had more trouble with my older Droid Inc. in straight fit jeans. I've gone with a minimal, hard plastic case, so it didn't add much bulk, and slides in and out of my pocket pretty well. Carrying it around the house, I have not noticed it being much of a pain in size. I think that, much like the usage, once you get used to using it, it will feel just fine in respect to true mobility. YMMV.

jsadler09

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I don't have a case for mine yet, but it fits fine in the front left pocket of my jeans and isn't noticeable sitting down either as this was a big concern for me. I ordered the Seidio Active case which should be here soon, I don't think that'll make it too big. Go to a store and see for yourself, I went by t-mobile to do the pocket test a few weeks ago :)

gafly

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
So a week or so ago I made a comment on here about not putting large devices in my front pocket because they bulge too much and I think it looks weird (- I had a Droid X at the time that I would carry with and without an otterbox). I can tell you that the Note 2 actually fits in my front pocket slightly better than the Droid X. It bulges out less despite it's significantly larger size. If you know your going to need your device while you're sitting down, however, it may be a good idea to go ahead and pull it out before you sit. Depending on how you're sitting, it can be a little awkward to pull out of your pocket.

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
It seems as though it would fit fine in jeans. It seems to be noticeable while wearing slacks. I had a chance to put it in my pocket wearing slacks, and I didn't really like it too much. Still undecided if I'll be getting it now.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

volsfan0911

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Fits in my front pockets just fine, even with jeans. Might require adjustment prior to sitting. Typically I pull my phone out prior to sitting down anyway so this is no big adjustment. Frequently I wear a suit, sports coat, etc that has an inner pocket. That's my preferred carry location. But it's a damned big device, no getting around that fact.