Micro USB charger loose

pjfan9110

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

My fiance and I got our Note 2's. the micro usb charger seems really loose and falls out really easily. just wondering if others have the same "issue" or if this is just common? thanks for the advice/help.

pjfan9110

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Yeah definitely should snap tight into place. No idea why it would be loose straight out of the box. Both are like that or just one?

pjfan9110

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
i took both phones to verizon last weekend, and they basically told me it was normal. i asked if i could see another note 2 and charging cable to kind of compare, and the rep said no. i asked if i could just see a cable, and they said no. he said that all the note 2's are like that and there was nothing they could do. oh well, i'll just live with it...

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
i took both phones to verizon last weekend, and they basically told me it was normal. i asked if i could see another note 2 and charging cable to kind of compare, and the rep said no. i asked if i could just see a cable, and they said no. he said that all the note 2's are like that and there was nothing they could do. oh well, i'll just live with it...

Oh that's some BS. . It could be your cable one of my cables are very loose in my note but all the others are right and snug. go to a different store or call CS if its not your cable

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

NHBass39

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site

I wouldn't settle for that answer. See a manager or call Verizon.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

leroybrute

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I noticed the tips on the charge cable are shorter than other cables that I have. Mine seems tight but my son's cable to his Note 2 is loose and keeps falling out. My opinion is the tips on the cable is the problem.

Update: My son tried my Note II cable in his and it is tight. Our GS3 cable are tight also. So in his case it is the cable that makes it loose.
Still by looking at our Note II cable ends compared to our GS3's, they are shorter on the Note II.

Last edited:

John Campbell

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Idk how it feels for you so I can't honestly say what it is. I will say that when I first got the phone and considered the bezel's effect on the port I was a bit concerned, but once I plugged it in, it was a solid connection with a decisive stop and no wiggle. Nothing at all feels even slightly lose. Don't settle. It won't get better! Throw up a pic of your connector maybe they are different.

ErwinSprangers

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi. I received my Note II yesterday. I too thought my phones connector was loose. However once i used a different micro usb cable the connector fit pretty snug and was actually hard to plug out. So in short it is a problem with the micro usb cable provided with the phone.

Edit: Oh sorry did not notice your post.

I noticed the tips on the charge cable are shorter than other cables that I have. Mine seems tight but my son's cable to his Note 2 is loose and keeps falling out. My opinion is the tips on the cable is the problem.

Update: My son tried my Note II cable in his and it is tight. Our GS3 cable are tight also. So in his case it is the cable that makes it loose.
Still by looking at our Note II cable ends compared to our GS3's, they are shorter on the Note II.

Last edited:

CIMYA89

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I thought I was the only one with a loose phone....better tighten up that chastity belt. Nah...but in all honesty my cable doesnt stay in either...it actually slides right out as soon as I stick it in (my dirty dirty mind). I guess I will try another cable to see if it fits.

PiN2WiN

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
Hey, so what was the verdict on all of this? I tested this loose microusb wire, or loose microusb port (not sure which is the problem) with 4 note II's. Of the 4, 2 of the devices had the problem right out of the box. I tested both devices with the microusb wire that came with it, and both of them were loose and eventually fell out. I tested the two devices with another samsung oem wire, and it was more snug (still not to my satisfaction though). After troubleshooting, I came to the conclusion that it must be the wire. However, here is what made me completely UNCERTAIN, and oh so ever CONFUSED: I have a samsung multimedia dock which connects the note ii to my TV by plugging in the note ii into the dock via microusb. After I tested all four devices, the same 2 devices that I had problems for with the loose microusb wire, would produce flickering on my tv display! This should be an indication of a faulty microusb port (the other devices did not produce flickering on my tv display, and these were the devices that I DIDNT have a problem for the loose usb wire). Now I am extremely confused as to what the exact problem is, the microusb port or the microusb wire. I am sorry that you had to go through having a weird device or wire, and would love to hear if you ever came to a resolution with this matter.

tx in adv

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non