Root achieved! !

sudbury78

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Gotcha. I've disabled it but would like the free space from deletion.

Do you know if we can get the s planner calendar widget back with root??

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
Gotcha. I've disabled it but would like the free space from deletion.

Do you know if we can get the s planner calendar widget back with root??

I have not seen a post providing the necessary files, but I have to assume it can be done once someone pulls the files.

OffSpot2

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
I just want to say Thank You to everyone here. I am learning a lot - and many others are too.
That is what this is all about. How we grow... Cheers!
Carry on...

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
There really isn't any reason it shouldn't allow an update. You may loose root though if you were to update.

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
Rooting does not stop OTA updates.

However, if you delete any preinstalled software or install a custom recovery, then the update will fail.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Rooting does not stop OTA updates.

However, if you delete any preinstalled software or install a custom recovery, then the update will fail.

Correct. I wouldn't advise people to delete any files. Rather rename them from .apk to .bak.... Then you can just rename them back. Or you can use titanium backup and freeze the bloatware.

If by chance someone had already deleted them, don't panick just ask someone for the needed fikes and you can add them back.

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Does this root still allow OTAs?
Historically the way root is achieved on Samsung devices your applying a custom recovery via Odin and flashing a modified kernel to allow root access followed up with flashing Superuser. So in most cases as long as you don't change the stock ROM other than what is needed for root access/Superuser it will still receive official OTA updates.

Two things that could happen if it accepts the update.

1. It may fail on installation due to the custom recovery. Not a big deal there is always a work around for this.

2. If it does take, you may loose root and have to redo the process over once updated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member