Bootloader Unlocked for Verizon Galaxy Note 2

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
What kind of problems?

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

There is a step where you are supposed to make sure the grey box is checked or unchecked (I don't remember) and it isn't working for anyone.
It isn't even working for the ones that said "you guys don't know what you're doing", that's a paraphrase.

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Yeah it seems something is wrong with Rev3 of Adam's file. I'm guessing it will be fixed before the day ends. Obviously he has a working method so most likely this was a small oversight.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Yeah it seems something is wrong with Rev3 of Adam's file. I'm guessing it will be fixed before the day ends. Obviously he has a working method so most likely this was a small oversight.

Nothing like a small oversight to make you poop yourself when it comes to messing with the boot image lol

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Nothing like a small oversight to make you poop yourself when it comes to messing with the boot image lol

Hahaha I hear that. But the good news is because of this oversight you'll never make it to a point in the process where any damage can be done. The worst that would happen is you waste `20 minutes re-flashing over Rev3 to a stock rooted system ;)

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Hahaha I hear that. But the good news is because of this oversight you'll never make it to a point in the process where any damage can be done. The worst that would happen is you waste `20 minutes re-flashing over Rev3 to a stock rooted system ;)

Im still in bed and I'm note keeping up with the process but Never say never. I once dropped my fascinate in the middle of s flash and hard bricked it. I still wake up in cold sweats

Izord

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
It is working for me. I started with Jellybean, then Odined Revision 3. The first time the 'Phone Bootloader Update' was greyed out. Flashed anyway, got a 'Pass' then used the power button to restart the phone. Didn't disconnect the USB connection. Didn't wipe anything.

The phone restarted and I got to the Gmail login screen and shut down the phone. Then I used Volume Down, Home, and Power to reenter the Download screen.
Odin recognized the phone 0:[COM3] for me. Then I simply checked the Phone Bootloader Update. Even though the box appeared greyed out, the checkmark stuck in there.

Then I hit Start again. And it's almost done flashing.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I've had a few issues with the email client -- but mainly my gripe is that it just seems to require too many taps. I too would love a imap client -- one that supports IDLE!

You would have to dual boot windows 7.
Heimdall is the alternative to Odin but they have not fixed the drivers to work with jelly bean. I think the "casual" application will work on mac because it is java based but unless you can use odin that doesn't help you

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I may get flamed for saying this, but for once, this stock software does everything I need and then some. I will continue to hack up my nexus and sgs3, but this baby is staying secure.

SOTK

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
Unlocked/Rooted/Bean Stock Rom

Piece of cake. Took me like 20 minutes. :)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non